In case you're wondering (B delay)

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

In case you're wondering (B delay)

Postby PeterT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:51 am

Yes, the first B contest was scheduled to start today. I was all set to do it, but I ran into a small problem while testing the level: I CAN'T SOLVE IT! :lol:

So, well, I'm now trying to decide whether (and how) to make the original level easier, or to make a completely new one.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BiG D » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:18 am

I think as a B level contest, it might be worth going ahead with anyway. I'm sure someone here will be able to do it, and it certainly would be interesting. It would be funny to see the winning solution be overbudget, too :p
BiG D

Postby PeterT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 am

It wasn't really a matter of budget, I just don't think it was doable at all. I now have a new level, but with this one I think it's too easy for B - it could even conceivably be a hard A level! But if I don't have a better idea until tomorrow, I'll just go ahead and use it.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BFC » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:50 am

I CAN'T SOLVE IT!

Well, as long as it's not something like the level "Unpossible!" type of unsolvable, perhaps that would be a good challenge :)

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Re: In case you're wondering (B delay)

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:07 am

PeterT wrote:Yes, the first B contest was scheduled to start today. I was all set to do it, but I ran into a small problem while testing the level: I CAN'T SOLVE IT! :lol:

As BFC and Big D say, this isn't a problem - this means it is the perfect B level. I hope we end up going with this level!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby PeterT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:09 am

As it seems you people really want a hard level, I went back to the original one, tweaked it a little and tried my most promising solution attempt again and it works!

So, now that I know that it's actually doable (and I don't even think it took me longer than the 3 hour guideline all in all) I'll go ahead and use it - just remember that you wanted it ;)
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby _l0ser » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:05 pm

BFC wrote:
I CAN'T SOLVE IT!

Well, as long as it's not something like the level "Unpossible!" type of unsolvable, perhaps that would be a good challenge :)

-BFC

Hey, nothing wrong with "Unpossible!"

:P
_l0ser

Postby BFC » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:14 pm

Just using it as an example. That level really is not possible. As far as I know, no one has ever posted a solution for it.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

True The Liatn Thai

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:28 pm

not even possible with a ufo? or perhaps rockets not alowed or will overbudget - dont have the dillogame here at my sisters house :cry:

Well. I think that even it can be very interesting solvig something that seems like would be insolvable, as long there is no concreate prinsiple that say for surethat it is not possible.
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Return to "B" league