ARFC_B_155_tiny_tube results

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_B_155_tiny_tube results

Postby mi2 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:15 pm

this contest was again something special.unfortunately it end up in a stupid discussion (imo) now all of you can judge by your self if mark and rob´s solutions are dark!. for me its obvious dark. i´m realy looking forward to read your opinions in this case. but in the end this all don´t matter because Overlord send me a 100% light solution and wins the :lms: with 911$ left. my own solution scores 903. both are simple and 100% :lms: . this contest shows again most of you din´t use the rocket ( jim got a nice solution by using the rocket). funny to see there is no dark metal after all these discussion :lol: :mrgreen:

overlord you deserved the win 8). i missed some solution from mx and sensai

edit.: just forgot to add my solution
Attachments
ARFC_B_155_tiny_tube.903 mi2.lvl
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
155.rar
(14.65 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Re: ARFC_B_155_tiny_tube results

Postby rob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:45 pm

oops, just posted in the contesttopic. To make a long story short, yes it's dark but most recent contests have been won by dark solutions.

Nice one overlord.
rob

Postby Overlord » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 am

I agree that this contest was something special, because every solution had its moment, like mi2's POC swinging rocket thrower, rob's strange timed UL force paddle and mark's awesome swingy things (I especially liked those, it looks like a lot of brainpower was used to form the parted motion of the swings (although we already have a structure called 'swing', which is not exactly this; what should we call these? swingy things?)). Very enjoyable solutions, each of them contains something I've never seen before. Seems like many of you attached a rope+cloth to the rocket to pull the dillo to the hole, but didn't realize it was possible to actually let it down the hole from its gravitational pull.

I'll try to post the next level ASAP, time is scarce for me these days (school :x )
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby markmadras » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 am

Yup they are all great solutions but even yours, mi2, has some Dark force present in it, and it "does" break the present rules. :)
markmadras

Postby Votart Silak » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:26 am

At Overlord the little metal bar receives an additional stretching with the help overlappilng both metal sheet and it is easier for breaking. IT'S 100 % DARK according present rules :( . I will not challenge, as I think that it can be corrected within the limits of the offered solution. In my solution there is no darkness anything.

At markmadras and rob DARK 200%

It is necessary to admit that any kinetic energy created by players basically comprises a few darkness. It is obvious that only falling and running on a surface is light.

Overlord, my congratulations!
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Postby mi2 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 am

sure even the lightest solution will produce some dark energy. the main different for me is the dark force that is produced by some random effects or the dark force that exists right from the begin of the simulation. we cant define the light rules that good. there are millions of ways in ar so each contest is unique and needs his own judgment :) . we are all Ar pros 8) and should know whats ok and what not.thats confused me because you really thought you build something light mark :?.in ar2 all these will be history :D
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Postby Votart Silak » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:13 am

It seems to me that AR2-it absolutely other game.
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Postby markmadras » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:17 pm

I don't want to cluter this topic with a debate issue so I have put some more thoughts down in the "Vote for AR2" topic in reply to the above post from mi2 :) :)
markmadras

Return to "B" league