ARFC_B_128_DoubleUp

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_B_128_DoubleUp

Postby rob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi all.

:lms: Cresta did it again flipping the dillo up with a very nifty construction for 848.

:dms: Jim swings it to the portal scoring an impressive 890. He also made two very nice light solutions.

Third player is newcomer Spartan. His solution is rather expensive but definitely nice to look at.

Added two POC's, a simple tumbler and a somewhat nicer solution that gave the name to the contest.

Thank you for playing and hope to see you in cresta's next level.
Attachments
solutions.zip
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
rob

Re: ARFC_B_128_DoubleUp

Postby ioncorpse » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:07 am

Did you notice that in 2009th in "from bottom to top" levels main element is a GRAY paddle?
In past it was called dark :) Sometimes...
It's ok for me, but..light isn't light anymore ;)
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby Cresta » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:34 am

ioncorpse wrote:light isn't light anymore ;)

This is true...
That element isn't light, and maybe if we forbid it we would see some more original solutions...
Jim's solutions are great, especially the second, I did mine in a few minutes, but his solutions deserve to win, because are so smart!

Recently if you want to win a contest you only should manage to place the "always-the-same" structures in the right place and tweak them to make them work...
The sense of originality that has always characterized this game is a bit lost..
Cresta
Armadeus

Postby rob » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:34 pm

It's true that a lot of times the winning entry is a twilight solution. But if you were to ban them it would be hard to define exact rules as to what is light. I've seen suggestions of banning overlapping materials all together but that would also eliminate a lot of structures that generate no force at all.
rob

Return to "B" league