ARFC B #XLVI Results

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC B #XLVI Results

Postby fringD » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:18 am

so the results are in:

not much competition for the light medal. Ikerous blew everyone out of the water. partly because he discovered the secret shortcut, although others that knew it were still unable to give serious competition.

no dark medal this time, but FF was very close to beating Ike. his dark paddle is even cheaper than Ike's shortcut, but Ike edges him out in other places, particularly his final catcher, and his trap-door-opener.

about that secret shortcut: at the last moment i indulged myself and put in a secret destructible wall. it's fun i guess, but i think the level is more technical without it. i'm very interested in how people would have gotten up to that gut without the secret path or the dark force. also snaking through to the upper left might then have been competitive... ah well, lessons learned...

speaking of which, sorry it was hard to tweak this level... stuff attached to the lowest floor was throwing off the timing of the gears, very nonintuitive. It was actually possible to have the 'dillo go all the way across the bottom, jumping both of the gaps and dodging all of the blades, but the timing changes so much as you tweak that it's really hard. I'll leave more gaps next time guys!

ok, so that's it. a big thanks to everybody who played!
Attachments
ARFC_B_XLVI_Solutions.zip
Here are the Solutions
(52.97 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
ARFC_B_XLVI_Winning_Solution.jpg
Ike's Winning Solution
ARFC_B_XLVI_Winning_Solution.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Code: Select all

o
- fringD +
         "
fringD
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby gamma57 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:35 am

That is a nice little secret. How did you initially find it Ikerous?
Seems like an odd place to attach an object, without knowing it would break.
build yourself a ramblin wreck
gamma57
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Ikerous » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:59 am

gamma57 wrote:That is a nice little secret. How did you initially find it Ikerous?
Seems like an odd place to attach an object, without knowing it would break.

I was trying to beat the level using one of the rockets. I managed to break one out of the wheel and got it all the way up there and it slammed into the wall and broke it.

I had a 2818 dark working that i attached. If you remove the ropes that stop the plates it goes up to 2836. I got it pretty close to working before i gave up. New level should be up soon
Attachments
ARFC_B_XLVI_Gauntlet.2818 D.lvl
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Ikerous
Light Master

Return to "B" league