ARF Contest B #XLIV (from 2007-07-04 to 07-11 18:00 GMT)

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NickyNick » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 pm

tomo wrote:i think that we should count lvls tweaked with ARtweaker as dark... what do you think ppl?

I think it has no sense. ARTweaker isn't panacea, it only makes tweaking easier. With its aid we can reduce amount of tweaking during the contest, because now it will take less time. I used it, I'm using it and I will use it :)
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby ioncorpse » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Can't see how to do 7940
It's simple tweaking, a lot of tweaking!
7850+ D :) (I feel that i will lose this time...)
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby ioncorpse » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm

think it has no sense. ARTweaker isn't panacea, it only makes tweaking easier. With its aid we can reduce amount of tweaking during the contest, because now it will take less time. I used it, I'm using it and I will use it

Tweaker = Armadillogedon, we can't destroy all tweakers, all that we can do - use them. From this day - i will....
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby JonathanF » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:47 pm

I'm not at 7850 :'( Maybe tomorrow if I have time.
"It's just a reflection of dark past, remains of a ruined, dead, cursed soul, and also another reason for you to hate me..."

-Meyhna'ch
JonathanF
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby NickyNick » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:49 pm

You mean I should not post it? It is unfair to use it on the sly, and I understand it. The last B contest with those pure balanced things has shown all power of the ARTweaker clearly.
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby McGinge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:12 pm

I suppose if your gonna tweak you may as well do it well!!! :D
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby luka1222 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:58 pm

i dunno, its good idea and all and a well made piece of kit, but something just dont sit right. this thing gives you an advantage no doubt about it so by using it your forcing everyone else to use it just to keep a level playing field. and what about noobs that come olong in the future and dont know about this thing, i dunno you guys seem pretty set on using this thig so your probly ignor me, it just dont sit wright with me, just MO
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby McGinge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:31 pm

luka we cant participate in N contests, so the noobs will gain experience then be able to compete on the same level as us!!!
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:46 pm

luka1222 wrote:i dunno, its good idea and all and a well made piece of kit, but something just dont sit right. this thing gives you an advantage no doubt about it so by using it your forcing everyone else to use it just to keep a level playing field. and what about noobs that come olong in the future and dont know about this thing, i dunno you guys seem pretty set on using this thig so your probly ignor me, it just dont sit wright with me, just MO

Yeah I agree with you. It does seem unfair to me too. I watched that one "A" contest with 8 winners -find it on the medal list- and they all had the same solution. anything better seemed impossible. then unw comes along and beats that with this crazy solution where dillo rides a single piece of cloth attached to a single piece of rope across a metal bar slope!

Either unw did it himself, and he deserves a medal, or he used a tweaking program and basically only had to come up with the crazy idea and the application did the rest. to me that's not fair.

EDIT: i found out you do the tweaking yourself, but more precisely. my argument is rubbish.

McGinge wrote:luka we cant participate in N contests, so the noobs will gain experience then be able to compete on the same level as us!!!

newbs! not noobs.

so the newbs will be able to beat the tweaking-programmed pros by hand or just get their own tweaking programs and everything will not change?
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Overlord » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:03 pm

Justcallmedrago wrote:
luka1222 wrote:Either unw did it himself, and he deserves a medal, or he used a tweaking program and basically only had to come up with the crazy idea and the application did the rest. to me that's not fair.

Don't doubt Unw, he's a fair and gifted player who has surprised us many times.

n00bz0rsz (not newbs) should be encouraged to do all the contests (N, A, B, C and Matacus)
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Well... erm... take me for an example!! When I started in the forum I knew nothing of the techniques used and didnt even know the difference between light and dark solutions!!! But now I'm well... a contest veteran and have used the tweaker program; im a living testament to my arguement!! :lol:

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:27 pm

Overlord wrote:n00bz0rsz (not newbs) should be encouraged to do all the contests (N, A, B, C and Matacus)

n00bz0rsz... never heard of that one lol

but A & B are kind of discouraging because nickynick, ioncorpse, unw, you, etc. are soo GooD!

McGinge wrote:... I'm well... a contest veteran and have used the tweaker program :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH....! so that's why you're the best :P
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Ha lol!! No i've only used it for one solution (which I havent even submitted yet for Nicks etude levels) as it has only become available a few days ago!!! I dont really like using it that much though, as it takes quite a long time to keep reverting from AR to miniscule tweaker program. (no offense Nick :D )

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:02 pm

Justcallmedrago wrote:so the newbs will be able to beat the tweaking-programmed pros by hand or just get their own tweaking programs and everything will not change?

I can't understand, why just not to get this program and begin using it? http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1283
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby Overlord » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Justcallmedrago wrote:but A & B are kind of discouraging because nickynick, ioncorpse, unw, you, etc. are soo GooD!

You're the first one in this forum who has called me good. Thank you :cry:
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to "B" league