ARFC_B_XXVl Results

The more complex contest running once a week. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_B_XXVl Results

Postby wolterw » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Snowlord wins the Light with 382
Dark medal goes to Ioncorpse with 556

Congratulations to both for the amazing solutions presented.

There may be some doubts about Snowlord solution was classified as light.
Criteria I used for this: Welding is permitted and accepted as "light" as long as it does not, expontaneusly, explodes the intersecting material. This is the case in Snowlord solution. The cloth only tears up under the impact of the falling metal sheet.

I was a little surprised to see that all submissions gave the same remedy to the headache by dropping the AR directly in to right side of the nose. No one went to the top thru the brains.
My solution, not competing obviously, choses a different route: the left side of the nose. I am including it in the package just for the delight of the "light solution" fans.
Attachments
ARFCB_B_XXVl_headache-results.zip
(21.22 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
wolterw
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 pm

very nice Snowlord 8)
but the wolterw's solution is brilliant! looks like that we've got new light brainiac :D
also - gratz to Ioncorpse, who becomes the new Champion of the Darkness! :twisted:
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby Ikerous » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:58 pm

I have a question. Watch this solution. Right when it starts the clothe explodes, but if you remove the rope/bar on both ends of the plate and press start, the clothe doesn't explode immediately. Which means that its only the weight on the plate that makes the clothe explode. Would that make this light or dark? Isn't it the same thing as the winning solution here? Welding + weight = explosion

The rules here are getting confusing :|
Attachments
ARFC_B_XXVl_headache.Test.lvl
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm

It's light IMO
As I understand this, the dark effect consists in immediate explosion of overlapped pieces
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby luka1222 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:21 pm

yeah nickynick is right imo
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby wolterw » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm

I would classify the Test solution you just sent as "Light". The cloth clearly explodes under the weight of the metal sheet.
That solution however is slightly different from the one you first submitted that goes attached. Remove bar/rope and you will see that the cloth immediately explodes when you press start ( as much as my bionic x-ray view tells me). As I told you by mail, I considered that particular solution as being Dark.
Comments on this issue are wellcome.
Attachments
ARFC_B_XXVl_headache.402 - Ikerious.lvl
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
wolterw
Light Master

Postby Ikerous » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 pm

wolterw wrote:I would classify the Test solution you just sent as "Light". The cloth clearly explodes under the weight of the metal sheet.
That solution however is slightly different from the one you first submitted that goes attached. Remove bar/rope and you will see that the cloth immediately explodes when you press start ( as much as my bionic x-ray view tells me). As I told you by mail, I considered that particular solution as being Dark.
Comments on this issue are wellcome.

Ya, i tweeked it once i saw that welding + weight + explosion was light just as an example. Too bad i didn't know that earlier or I woulda come out a good 20 bucks ahead
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby snowlord » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:10 pm

I will get a new comp up later tonight.
I'm a tweakling (any score posted by me is light, unless stated otherwise)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to "B" league