ARFC_A_IL ?esulst

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:35 pm

luka1222 wrote:see cheesecake thats a better debate to have, is it a cake or some sort of pie?

Or maybe, pie is just a sort of cake anyway. Mmmm, mince and cheesecake.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby luka1222 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:40 pm

no see you could never call a chicken pie a cake, same as you could never call an ice bun a pie. so they cant be the same thing. it seems to me that a pie has a pastry exterior filled with luvly goodness, so cheese cake could be a pie :shock:
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 pm

luka1222 wrote:a pie has a pastry exterior filled with luvly goodness, so cheese cake could be a pie :shock:

Actually, a cheesecake has a cookie base, not a pastry base.

However, I think they should make apricot pie etc... with a cookie base. Damn that would be nice.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby mark_man » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:14 pm

My wife loves a good muffin :!:
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 pm

OK, I am now convinced; according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesecake:

"A cheesecake is a sweet, cheese-based pie"
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby luka1222 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:33 am

AH HA! I KNEW IT :)

MARKMAN YOU DIRTY OLD MAN
luka1222
Light Master

Postby mark_man » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 am

Hairy pie LOL
I'm Just A Simple Man.
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:58 am

I see there are many good views about the dark/light issue here. Unfortunaly I have not much time to take part of the debate right now. I think there may be reasons to give Ioncorpse a bedal too, as he had had the same score without the bar that he thought necessarily to make it light.
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby mark_man » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:16 pm

Back on topic .I think the medal went to the wrong person the rules state you are not to explode parts and as it was an active part of the solution weather it affected the outcome or not then as stated by the rule it would have to be deemed dark.So yes an additional medal would be an answer in this one.

In sport we have referees judges etc .These people have varying interpretations of the rules to some degree and the also have to decide one way or another the outcome of a infringement/goal etc.

So what i think I'm trying to say is we know the rules we play by them but in the end of the day the final decision has to be down to the comp runner and his interpretation on the day. :D IMO
I'm Just A Simple Man.
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby luka1222 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:20 pm

mark_man wrote:Back on topic .I think the medal went to the wrong person the rules state you are not to explode parts and as it was an active part of the solution weather it affected the outcome or not then as stated by the rule it would have to be deemed dark.So yes an additional medal would be an answer in this one.

In sport we have referees judges etc .These people have varying interpretations of the rules to some degree and the also have to decide one way or another the outcome of a infringement/goal etc.

So what i think I'm trying to say is we know the rules we play by them but in the end of the day the final decision has to be down to the comp runner and his interpretation on the day. :D IMO

i agree,

but not the hairy part :D
luka1222
Light Master

Postby dudiobugtron » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:43 pm

mark_man wrote:Back on topic .I think the medal went to the wrong person the rules state you are not to explode parts and as it was an active part of the solution weather it affected the outcome or not then as stated by the rule it would have to be deemed dark.So yes an additional medal would be an answer in this one

I think that if the rules say that exploding something by overlapping endpoints (even if it doesn't help you!) is always dark, then I think the rules should be changed.
However I don't agree that the rules mean that.

Your ref analogy is good though. Maybe we need louder appeals!!!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby mark_man » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:43 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:
mark_man wrote:Back on topic .I think the medal went to the wrong person the rules state you are not to explode parts and as it was an active part of the solution weather it affected the outcome or not then as stated by the rule it would have to be deemed dark.So yes an additional medal would be an answer in this one

I think that if the rules say that exploding something by overlapping endpoints (even if it doesn't help you!) is always dark, then I think the rules should be changed.
However I don't agree that the rules mean that.

Your ref analogy is good though. Maybe we need louder appeals!!!

Taken from the rules :-exploding pieces by intersecting materials and endnodes, will win the Dark Force prize if they score higher than the best light solution.
We are IMOing so i would have given Ikerous, a PM before the end of the comp to clarify light or dark. If light then i would have told him that under the circumstances i.e similar entry but without dowts light, he would have to re submit a light solution .IMO
So the best way forward for a situation like this,has to be level makers decision is final. :D
I'm Just A Simple Man.
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Previous

Return to "A" league