ARFC_A_XV (27sep2006 - 1oct2006 18:00 GMT)

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:38 am

dudiobugtron wrote:
mbrio wrote:Let me open with 4800 and then some.

4800+ is hard!

This level is like Toa's one on Steroids!!!

anyone got 4900+?

I don't think 4800+ is hard. 4900+ however is a whole different story. If anyone has 4900+ then tell me now, I'll concede defeat right away.

Has anyone beaten my 0x12D0+ yet?
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 am

Andrew wrote:
Has anyone beaten my 1001011010000+ yet?

Not likely, but I think we have to save some secrets to the resluts are coming 8)
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby ZendaiPower » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 am

4770+ on first try... I'm using the force though :S Is that bad?
ZendaiPower

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:28 am

You should be able to get a lot more than that using the force!
I have more than 66666666/13837 without using it.
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:34 am

Its official OK to use the force. But you cant win the contest with it - though you get a dark medal if you beat the best light solution. That has happend in about 30% of the contests.
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby ZendaiPower » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:58 am

Andrew wrote:You should be able to get a lot more than that using the force!
I have more than 66666666/13837 without using it.

But I'm not really skilled in this... And I "invented" the force myself by accident.... But it works... so I'm happy I even finished this contest...
ZendaiPower

Postby Toa the Boa » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:46 am

?rjan Flatseth wrote:Its official OK to use the force. But you cant win the contest with it - though you get a dark medal if you beat the best light solution. That has happend in about 30% of the contests.

Well. If you win with a light solution, you can't compete in the next contest. If you have the best dark solution, you still get a medal AND you can compete in the next contest. So you get the most out of winning with force...

And if you have made the best light solution, there is a good chance you will also win the dark solution, especially if you solution has the cheapest catcher. I really don't think one person should be able to win TWO medals in one contest, just because the catcher was better than anyone elses catcher.
Esselukt is the way
6L
Toa the Boa
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:06 pm

Well... I dont see the problem. The cather is an importent part of both dark and light solution. So? The dark and the light solutions are usually very different, so you dont get the dark for free when you get the light medal. Before you win the light medal you dont even know that you are the winner. Usually (60% ) of the contests there are no dark winner - and then most of the time the dark medal is not won by the lightmedalwinner. Thats the way it goes! I think many people like to create a level and take a litle rest between the contests. You allways have the B contest - thats unless you win both A and B then 8)
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Andrew » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:22 pm

I'm all tweaked out. I'm really hoping that this time I'll have a competitive solution, but all the best players on here seem to keep their hands very close to their chests, so I guess I won't be finding out until the deadline.

Like mbrio I'm sending in my score, but it's not just a Good score, it's a Better one (well, I hope so anyway).
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:52 am

?rjan Flatseth wrote:Well... I dont see the problem. The cather is an importent part of both dark and light solution. So? The dark and the light solutions are usually very different, so you dont get the dark for free when you get the light medal. Before you win the light medal you dont even know that you are the winner. Usually (60% ) of the contests there are no dark winner - and then most of the time the dark medal is not won by the lightmedalwinner. Thats the way it goes! I think many people like to create a level and take a litle rest between the contests. You allways have the B contest - thats unless you win both A and B then 8)

I agree, it is fair to win the dark medal and the light in one round, because it is DAMN HARD, not easy to do :D

I have submitted a solution too. I wish it was 4900+ but it isn't even close XD
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:55 am

Andrew wrote:I'm all tweaked out. I'm really hoping that this time I'll have a competitive solution, but all the best players on here seem to keep their hands very close to their chests, so I guess I won't be finding out until the deadline.

Like mbrio I'm sending in my score, but it's not just a Good score, it's a Better one (well, I hope so anyway).

Its a good scoore i can asure you - I think there will be many close this time - in the sphere of 10+-. And that is for sure a thriller. But you never. Ever. Ever know!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby dudiobugtron » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:05 am

?rjan Flatseth wrote:Its a good scoore i can asure you - I think there will be many close this time - in the sphere of 10+-. And that is for sure a thriller. But you never. Ever. Ever know!

If I spent another hour I could improve my score by 2. :D I think I'll just put my trust in the +-10 being 4 or greater!!!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:26 am

dudiobugtron wrote:If I spent another hour I could improve my score by 2. :D I think I'll just put my trust in the +-10

Same here. I have no idea how to improve unless i spent -7 hours more and sell my soul to the Great Dillo for a box of after-eght!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Well, I thought mine could be improved by 2, and after a bout of renewed tweaking I managed it. I'd really like to think that my score is as good as it gets, but judging by how these things go, some genius will make my attempt look like a monkey randomly clicked everywhere.

I agree though that it's unlikely there's very much in it. Unless someone's over (or even close to) 4900
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby DJC » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:43 pm

judging by how these things go, some genius will make my attempt look like a monkey randomly clicked everywhere.

Siblings... don't be downhearted... this board and it's competitions show that it's not the winning that matters but the taking part. Some of the most interesting solutions are nowhere near the cheapest. I was as happy to get a mention for something original in a previous competition as I would have been to get a medal.

Well, I say that but never having come close to getting a medal I wouldn't know.

My score is weak sauce compared to the savings being touted on this thread, and the winner is usually a good x% better than anything that's posted.

There were two good levels/sets this week in A & B competitions. Playing the game is the point (medals must be nice though!).

Do they have After Eight in Norway?
I have an inferiority complex, it's just not a very good one.
DJC

PreviousNext

Return to "A" league