ARFC A 250th Contest RESULTS

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC A 250th Contest RESULTS

Postby Cresta » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Well, I'm so glad this contest has been so popular, I've received many solutions!
By the way, there can be only one (foretold) winner and he is:

:lms: markmadras, 2374
:dms: ioncorpse, 2416 (identical to my DPOC)

Here the file:
Attachments
Levels.rar
(43.42 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Cresta
Armadeus

Re: ARFC A 250th Contest RESULTS

Postby ioncorpse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Very interesting swings...
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby V4nKw15h » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Lots of interesting solutions. Lots of swings.

Well done mark', you deserved a win in a heavily contested competition.

Unfortunately I think my time is going to be severely limited for a good while, and like this competiton I will not have time to experiment. This is the busiest time of year for me, so I need to knuckle down and concerntrate on real work :)

The most successful swings reminded me of the swing from the AR Olympics B league level. If any of you weren't around at that time, take a look at it. It's a super powered version of mark's light swing really. (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1974&hilit=ar+olympics)
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby markmadras » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Great contest everyone and a pleasure to be the winner, my second :) :) :)It is amusing to see that I also got the lowest Light score as well :lol:

I used a launcher that I have seen in so many other contests so was very surprised that only Rob used something similar :? I wonder why :?: :?

The new contest will be up soon, I have tried to create a level that again is easy to solve but with plenty of room for variation.

Vankwish. Sorry to hear you may not be taking part for a while it has been fun playing against you and learning from you aswell. I looked at the Olympics results, some interesting solutions in there. Take care, don't work toooooo hard and see you back here soon.
markmadras

Postby mi2 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 pm

congratulations to mark :) . damn i dint expected to see so many different solutions. i was sure you all got a solution like mine :mrgreen: . i tried a swing but thats not my style (nothing wont work)

so i got silver and mark really deserve that win :wink:
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Postby markmadras » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 pm

mi2 wrote:congratulations to mark :) . damn i dint expected to see so many different solutions. i was sure you all got a solution like mine :mrgreen: . i tried a swing but thats not my style (nothing wont work)

so i got silver and mark really deserve that win :wink:

Swings do work as you will have seen, but you have to be very patient, the one I used took a lot of tweaking to get right. Thank you for the compliment and hope you enjoy the next contest :)
markmadras

Postby rob » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Very nice solutions all. Too bad I didn't have as much time for this one as I would like.
rob

Return to "A" league