ARFC_A_218_LEM results

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_A_218_LEM results

Postby decsystem10 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:03 pm

I first solved this in as elementary a way as possible by making a very (very!) solid bridge, and taking out the momentum with rubber. Since the crane was in the way I sent in the engineers and blew it up at vast expense, but it all showed it could be solved easily and basically.

JimCDubb's first bridge solution (9518) was so much more elegant I won't even bother to put mine up, and he's sinced tweaked it to 9548.

Rob came in with a late sea-skimmer that actually uses the crane fully and therefore gets the maximum bonus points (!) and a blue star, but that and his 7656 don't quite make the top. :)
[Special thanks to Rob for sending a fun solution with a known low score - not enough players do that]

Jhep solved it completely differently with a splendid delivery of the entire LEM for 9570. A nice bit of lateral thinking (and, no, its not a crib from Goo ball).

This matched the original intention, of course, which was to encase the dillo so you had to deliver an awkward weight and we would get some heavy-duty mechanics instead of the usual twiddly stuff.

But I counted without the clearly innate and exquisite engineering of Cresta, who delivers the dillo with a cheeky late kick (and sort of uses the crane!) for 9734.

:lms: Cresta 9734

Thanks everybody - really enjoyed the solutions.
Attachments
results.zip
(17.33 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: ARFC_A_218_LEM results

Postby rob » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Very nice solutions all (though not as nice as mine :wink: )
rob

Postby Cresta » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Nice post! :D
Cresta
Armadeus

Postby JimCDubb » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 am

All nice solutions.
If I'm not mistaken, jhep gets a non-vet medal out of this.
I agree with Cresta, dec, nice post. And thanks for getting A league going again!
JimCDubb

Return to "A" league