ARFC_A_211th Competition - Slant Results

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_A_211th Competition - Slant Results

Postby JimCDubb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:02 am

The results are in, and the Winner is...

:lms: TSchultz with a score of 386

TSchultz called this solution "Grey," but I see nothing that indicates it is not light.
If anyone has an argument as to why this solution is dark, I will gladly reconsider and defer to the judges.
TSchultz also entered the only dark solution, which is also good for a medal.

:dms: TSchultz 408 dark

Welcome to cdingo, with a first-time non-vet entry. Unfortunately, we aren't awarding non-vet medals unless there is more than 1 competing. Combatopera, I assume you have at least 3 medals, which would mean you are not a non-vet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A nice entry from luka1222 rounds out the group. Luka also included one he could not get to work,interesting. I also included my own 314.

Thanks for playing and take it away TSchultz...

:armadillo: Forever
Attachments
ARFC_A_211_Slant Results.zip
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
JimCDubb

Re: ARFC_A_211th Competition - Slant Results

Postby Cdingo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:48 am

Thanks! Was fun and i look forward to future comps.
Cdingo

Postby TSchultz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 am

JimCDubb wrote:TSchultz called this solution "Grey," but I see nothing that indicates it is not light.
If anyone has an argument as to why this solution is dark, I will gladly reconsider and defer to the judges.

Welding creates force. You can take away the second bar on the right, and it will still make it turn. 1 bar outweighing a bar, a plate, and the dillo is not light in my opinion. Launchers of this sort are usually just called light but I think they are grey and probably dark, so I named it grey.

Also, tweak of the solution that I think should win light.
I'll post a level tomorrow if combatopera doesn't want to.
Attachments
ARFC_A_211_Slant.340-combatopera-tweaked.lvl
(792 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JimCDubb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 pm

TSchultz wrote:
JimCDubb wrote:TSchultz called this solution "Grey," but I see nothing that indicates it is not light.

Welding creates force. You can take away the second bar on the right, and it will still make it turn. 1 bar outweighing a bar, a plate, and the dillo is not light in my opinion. Launchers of this sort are usually just called light but I think they are grey and probably dark, so I named it grey.

I see your point. But you do have the momentum of the dillo rolling down almost to the fulcrum, making it's weight negligible, plus the momentum of the falling bar onto the end of the lever creating additional leverage. I'm sure we could debate this issue forever. If combatopera wants to host I think he should have at it. His solution is a winner, too.
:mrgreen:
JimCDubb

Postby combatopera » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks guys. I didn't have a level prepared and I was out drinking all last night so there's no way I could have hosted the next one.
combatopera

Return to "A" league