ARFC_A_186_AirSeaRescueII results

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_A_186_AirSeaRescueII results

Postby decsystem10 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:10 pm

ddavex came up with an answer very quickly, and wins with his second entry.
mikee7 has a dark solution with a neat double flip, though I haven't fathomed it yet.

Winner : ddavex

Dark winner : mikee7
Attachments
results.zip
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: ARFC_A_186_AirSeaRescueII results

Postby decsystem10 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 pm

There are now usually a very limited number of entries to the 'A' league, always from the same players.
Generally, they are better or more experienced players. From my point of view, there isn't too much kudos in winning when they don't play.
Before they get stale of setting puzzles for each other, twice a week, I propose that the 'A' changes its timetable.
It should still be set at the same level to encourage new players, but they should have the time to play with it.
Equally, the experienced winners want to wait until their time spent setting up a level has been reasonably utilised.
Many of them are finding the perfectly reasonable excuse of 'not-enough-time' to keep up with Armadillo.
The 'A' should, for now, run on a weekly or even longer basis, until at least 5 different names have sent in solutions. We know at least that many play - see the download count.
That way the 'A' can stay alive while waiting for increased momentum from new players, the shy and the freeloaders are encouraged to contribute, the 'B's can spend more time with the more complex ones, and the setters can know their time was well used.

Summary? -The next 'A' gets set and runs till enough people send in answers.
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to "A" league