ARFC A CXXXVI Competition - Boxed - Ends 17/12/07 @ 12:00GMT

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby beonny » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:42 pm

I can't get it across the bottom! Mine's a rollercoaster (that costs a FORTUNE!), but it won't roll uphill by another hall a ball's height... Despite me tweaking and tweaking my rollercoaster hill so that it is as smooth as possible.

Help! :cry:
beonny
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby V4nKw15h » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:46 pm

beonny wrote:I can't get it across the bottom! Mine's a rollercoaster (that costs a FORTUNE!), but it won't roll uphill by another hall a ball's height... Despite me tweaking and tweaking my rollercoaster hill so that it is as smooth as possible.

Help! :cry:

Drop the ball from as high as possible. Keep both the fall of the ball and the rollercoaster smooth and firm. Any bumps will take energy and speed out of the ball. That includes the point where the ball falls against your rollercoaster. Think really smooth movement and you shouldn't have a problem.

Again apologies for it being a tricky one. When testing it I had no problems at all with the tension flippers (I got lucky I guess), but I went back to take another look and see why everyone was having problems I also had problems tweaking the fall onto the first flipper. It took me 20 minutes to get it to flip up high enough and moving left. :oops:

Only 1 Veteran submission so far guys and nothing from the new players, so if you have solved it get your solution sent in. You have every chance of winning. I have to agree, way too big and hard for A league. Sorry. We live and learn.
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby beonny » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Hmm, I didn't get the flippers idea, but I DID get to the end! :lol: Better see if my kids are still alive now.
:oops:
Cheers,
B
beonny
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby V4nKw15h » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:19 pm

beonny wrote:Hmm, I didn't get the flippers idea, but I DID get to the end! :lol: Better see if my kids are still alive now.
:oops:
Cheers,
B

I loved your solution Beony, my favourite yet. The only one NOT to use the tension flippers and get it all the way there light.

Please guys, if you have solved this, get your solutions sent in.

It's nice to see that those that spent the time to solve it enjoyed the experience. I'm getting some nice comments along with the solutions.
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Hersmunch » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:49 am

just sent my solutions. dont think i'll win light but who knows i may have a chance with dark...
Hersmunch
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby V4nKw15h » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:23 pm

I've never seen a competition with such a huge variation in solutions.

8 players competiting so far. If you solved it and haven't sent in a solution because you think it's not good enough, please send it anyway.

We are all here for the fun and I can promise you that your solution will not be the most expensive :)
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Previous

Return to "A" league