ARFC A Contest XCI (Closes 05/07/07)

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Ok... who gonna say 940??? I think that it could be done only with Armadillo bot :wink:
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Well it seems your wish of an AR bot (or rather someone with the intelligence of one) has appeared... 8)
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Overlord » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:43 pm

Or Unw.
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:48 pm

Hehe... :roll: Also I'd just like to say something... PLEASE COULD EITHER GAMMA57, IONCORPSE, OVERLORD, JT, NICKYNICK, UNW OR WOLTERW PLEASE TWEAK THEIR SOLUTIONS A TINY BIT!!!!!

I hate to give medals to lots of people...
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Forgot to say:
1. ArmBot is real, maybe some of us already had it, i think it should take 4-5 hours to create a bot (for me, but i'm too lazy:)
2. Nobody is a universal player. Some of us can create cool dark solutions, some of us - light. Experiense is in charge. I know that wolterw create beatiful metal throughers, Unw - perfect rocket tweaker and so on. Thats why i'm asking: Unw, don't you try to tweak 950 on rockets?
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:13 pm

AR bot is real?? :D

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Ikerous » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:43 pm

I think with the right Macro software it'd be really really simple to make an AR bot. If the software let you trigger commands based on the hex color of a certain pixel range, you'd be able to trigger events when the level is completed or failed.

I'd make a macro do something similar to this in order to micro tweak a thrower or catcher that I know could work, but is so chaotic that every little move of the node changes everything.

I'd have the macro start by mouse_down on the node, use a spiral formula to dictate the x,y coordinates to drag it to. Have each move be fairly small and spiral outwards so the whole area around the almost working position is checked.

Then I'd tell the macro to mouse_up and then space down/space up (to play).

I'd have the macro checking the color of a known pixel, waiting for it to tun gray (meaning the level ended). Then I'd have it check for text in the area where it says level failed and then in the area that says level completed. If the level completed it'd stop, if not then it'd loop.

Someone here posted a script to get AR to run at twice normal speed. I think if your computer can go faster you can make the script run AR as fast as your comp will let it (I don't remember though). Then just use that and run the macro all night.

If a macro program like that doesn't exist, I really don't think it'd be hard to look up C codes that do all those things and piece it together.
Last edited by Ikerous on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:48 pm

:shock:

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:50 pm

oh and by the way hats off to unw...

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Ikerous +1
Also it's would be simple to create 1000 instances of the level (change some bits) and then test all of them automaticaly. But if i'll try to make one, i would choose your way of course.
The perfect one - imulate engine of AR. :))
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby Ikerous » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm

ioncorpse wrote:Ikerous +1
Also it's would be simple to create 1000 instances of the level (change some bits) and then test all of them automaticaly. But if i'll try to make one, i would choose your way of course.
The perfect one - imulate engine of AR. :))

Ya if you could emulate the engine itself you'd be able to come up with one kick ass bot. Theres gotta be a hundred ways to make a good bot, but I'm pretty sure i couldn't do 99 percent of em :P You can't get much simpler than using a macro you didn't have to program yourself :)

Disclaimer: Cheating is wrong.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Great ideas have been spoken here :)

Few months ago I had such idea of creating AR Bot program. I've translated level parsing scripts on Python to C++ (if somebody wants them - just PM me :wink: ). Though, I couldn't figure way of creating automatic testing system, so I've created micro-tweaking program. Unlike AREdit, It can work with solutions and directly change coordinates of nodes. I gonna improve it a bit, and then I'll post it at forum.
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby NickyNick » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:30 pm

McGinge wrote:oh and by the way hats off to unw...

Looks like we all got owned :( Or Sam is joking :)
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby tomo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:49 am

but...if you make scripts the AR contests would not be interesting... everyone will make the cheapest solution in no time! what do you think?
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Ikerous » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:01 am

tomo wrote:but...if you make scripts the AR contests would not be interesting... everyone will make the cheapest solution in no time! what do you think?

Not if only one person has it :)
Ikerous
Light Master

PreviousNext

Return to "A" league