ARF Contest A #LVII (2007-02-18 to 02-21 20:00 GMT)

The easier general contest type that runs twice per week.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ikerous » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:00 pm

JonathanF wrote:
Ikerous wrote:
luka1222 wrote:yeah probly right :)

pretty easy to see how to get perfect score too :)

Ya :/ A well tweeked catcher is gunna make all the difference.

Exactly! I think I can tweak my catcher by 2, but it is so tiring... Always a lil' bit of the armadillo refuses to get in the portal... :evil:

I had the exact same thing going for 56, lets hope no one else managed to get it working
Ikerous
Light Master

Re: 4850

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:17 pm

decsystem10 wrote:I suspect a lot of us down here in Division 3 have less than 4850, but once the Magnificent 7 show 4800+, we aren't going to shout about it!

Seems that "easy void levels" are even more embarassing than complex layouts. :oops:

Yeah, ioncorpse's 'Easy Void Level' comment was pretty arrogant, noone can (without fail) think up the best answer in 30 seconds. I can see why he thought it was easy thoughy if he did come up with it straight-off, because you can tell the 1850+ method will be the winning method.
Atleast, you think you can tell - but you should never be too sure!

However, I really like this level because there are quite a few different catcher designs possible, with very similar costs.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:19 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:
decsystem10 wrote:I suspect a lot of us down here in Division 3 have less than 4850, but once the Magnificent 7 show 4800+, we aren't going to shout about it!

Seems that "easy void levels" are even more embarassing than complex layouts. :oops:

Yeah, ioncorpse's 'Easy Void Level' comment was pretty arrogant, noone can (without fail) think up the best answer in 30 seconds. I can see why he thought it was easy thoughy if he did come up with it straight-off, because you can tell the 1850+ method will be the winning method.
Atleast, you think you can tell - but you should never be too sure!

You do immediately though realize how to get the ball to the catcher. Then its just a matter of making a catcher. And theres really only one way to make a catcher with the anchors in this level. So in about 10 seconds you really do figure out how to do this level...
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JonathanF » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:19 pm

You finished with 1854 as well? Horrays!!
"It's just a reflection of dark past, remains of a ruined, dead, cursed soul, and also another reason for you to hate me..."

-Meyhna'ch
JonathanF
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Maybe, but i still think that 4852 is easy, 4854 - the winner, and 4856+ too HARD to achive. Nothing changes...
Last edited by ioncorpse on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby NickyNick » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Ikerous wrote:And theres really only one way to make a catcher with the anchors in this level.

That way isn't for Unw :D
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Ikerous wrote:You do immediately though realize how to get the ball to the catcher. Then its just a matter of making a catcher. And theres really only one way to make a catcher with the anchors in this level. So in about 10 seconds you really do figure out how to do this level...

I disagree with both of your points :P
Mostly because I (and I'm sure a number of other people) didn't immediately realise what sort of launcher to use.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Previous

Return to "A" league