Naming conventions for entries

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Naming conventions for entries

Postby squint » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:21 pm

At the moment we are using playername-score-solutionname which results in armadillo run listing all the solutions to the competition levels grouped by player name (it does them in alphabetical order).

If we were to go for score-playername-solutionname it would instead order them all by score, which I think would be rather nice. Better still though, if we did that then listed dark entries as dark-score-playername-solutionname we would get the dark and light entries listed separately, each in score order. Personally, I'd appreciate that - any thoughts anyone?
squint

Postby Ikerous » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Completely agree.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby trevis » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Sounds good to me.
trevis
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby luka1222 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:55 pm

nicely noticed, a agree. also just a little side thing but sort of the same thing the nameing convention for the competitions themselves in the forum am i the only one who finds it anoying at times with the roman numerals, i mean its getting to the point where we have an endless lin of xs and ls and all sort of things what is wrong with just numbers eh :D
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby Ikerous » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:26 pm

luka1222 wrote:nicely noticed, a agree. also just a little side thing but sort of the same thing the nameing convention for the competitions themselves in the forum am i the only one who finds it anoying at times with the roman numerals, i mean its getting to the point where we have an endless lin of xs and ls and all sort of things what is wrong with just numbers eh :D

If you aren't careful and you use numbers, AR thinks they're part of a level pack with multiple levels
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Putting the score first is a pain if you keep tweaking and resaving your level - you need to delete the player name every time XD

But I see why your idea is a very good one.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby snowlord » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:Putting the score first is a pain if you keep tweaking and resaving your level - you need to delete the player name every time XD

Do you save all your temporary solutions using the official name convention? :shock:

dudiobugtron wrote:But I see why your idea is a very good one.

I agree too :)
I'm a tweakling (any score posted by me is light, unless stated otherwise)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 am

snowlord wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:Putting the score first is a pain if you keep tweaking and resaving your level - you need to delete the player name every time XD

Do you save all your temporary solutions using the official name convention? :shock:

You make a valid point!!! I will not do that in future :oops: :oops: :oops:
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive