Contests: only on weekends?

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

When should the contests be held?

Only over the weekend (Fri-Mon)
27%
Only during the week (Mon-Fri)
13%
I don't care / all the time!
60%

Total votes : 15

Contests: only on weekends?

Postby PeterT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:51 pm

The first poll sems to suggest that most people would prefer contests to be about 72 hours in length. Another question would now be whether contests should only be run over weekends (ie. Friday to Monday) or also during the week.

Personally, I'd expect more people to prefer the weekends, but we'll see.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackR » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:26 pm

I would go for the all the time option but that bugger'd take the sparkle out of contests, so I'm opting for the friday-monday option.
JackR

Postby kingofthespill » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 am

I personally can go either way on these options so I won't vote. I think 2-3 days is good and once a week seems good too.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tmcsweeney » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:13 am

I can't play over the weekends, and would thus be sad if the competitions where always unavailable to me. (I was gutted that I missed the inaugural one).

That being said, I know there are people out there who can't play during the week. so the Monday to Friday thing would rule them out.

That is why I voted for the 1 week option on the original pole. It might be a bit slower than everyone would like, but it maximises the opportunity for everyone to participate. Most peoples lives run on a weekly cycle, and so a weekly contest would allow everyone to find some time somewhere to fit it in.

Cheers
Tim.
tmcsweeney

Postby PeterT » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:11 am

For now, kingofthespill and me were planning to run the next contest from Thursday to Sunday. Would that work for you?
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tmcsweeney » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:49 am

Yep, as long as you don't mind me sending my entry in on friday afternoon.
tmcsweeney

Postby kingofthespill » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:06 pm

I would be willing to help out on a secondary M-W 2 day contest. There seems to be enough enthusiasm and you guys are getting to great solutions in no time at all.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive