W.A.R.T - Who want's it back ?

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

W.A.R.T - Who want's it back ?

Postby Wiplash » Fri May 30, 2008 10:10 am

Hi there,

A while ago I ran a contest called W.A.R.T - Wiplash Armadillo Run Contest on twosugarsonline.com .. but unfortunately someone bought the web address before I could renew it. This is the reason for the end of the W.A.R.T contest . I would really like to bring it back as I loved watching everyones entries more than playing the game these days .. although it is still great. Thanks for all your comments too .. I didn't know people loved it so much.

So I guess I want to know how many people want me to bring the contest back .. it does take me a while as it's only me doing it .. I may bring it back and make the time between contests a couple of months so I can keep on top of it all.

I'll have to get onto making some more interesting levels.

Thanks everyone .. please give me some feeback if you want me to bring it back.

Wiplash
"Perhaps a lunatic is just a minority of one"
Wiplash

Re: W.A.R.T - Who want's it back ?

Postby scimaster » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:25 am

I never tried it, but it sounds AWESOME, and I would really like it if I got the chance to try it.
Code: Select all
ww@localhost:echo $name

"\  /\  /  /\   |--  |--  |=   |\  |"
" \/  \/  /- \  |    |    |--  |  \|"

Done

ww@localhost:

http://www.freewebs.com/scimaster
scimaster

Postby Wiplash » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:00 pm

hmm .. anyone else ..

Maybe you could pledge to at least try it once .. that's all I'm asking I just want to get an idea if anyone will play it or not if I go to the trouble of making a full website and posting all the results with pictures again .. it will just involve you completing three levels over a month or two and them sending them to me .. I'll try my best to make them interesting .. the last 5 contests were great.

thanks

Wiplash
Wiplash

Postby Cresta » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Personally I've never submitted in a WART contest, because (I must admit) I didn't found it so interesting...
The fact was that developing a solution for a WART needed so much time, and I think AR is just something you play to kill some time.
Moreover, as you can see, in the last months AR is not so played, and the negative trend is an evidence.

If you want to make a try, maybe it could be a way to refresh things here, I could undertake to submit a solution.

Let's see..
Cresta
Armadeus

Postby Wiplash » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:16 am

I think AR contests do need refreshing which is why I want to start this contest again. I suppose all I can do is try it and try to make some good levels. I do ask people to send me submissions for levels as well so if you want people to play yours then send them to me , then maybe you'll find it more interesting. I think for this contest I may try doing single levels as it will be easier for people to finish. If you have anything other comments please don't hesitate.

Thanks

Wiplash
Wiplash

Postby JimCDubb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm not familiar with the WART contests, but I'm willing to give it a try.
I've only been doing contests for a few months, but it is addicting.
Get it up and running and I'll play.
:)
JimCDubb

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive