Idea for a contest

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Idea for a contest

Postby mikejr » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Hey guys, first post.

I've been playing AR for a couple of years now. One of the things a guy at the office and I do, is create a map that essentially flat, as wide as you can make it. The idea is that one end is yours to defend, the other is someone else's. The way victory is established, is by knocking over a 'peg' ( a single metal plate, linked at the bottom and held upright by an untensioned rope at each side /|\ Knocking over the other persons peg result in success.

Maps are usually set up offense/defense, that is the person that aset's up the map may place a small bunker around their peg, and have a train (or just missles) flying towards the defensive peg. You then have a limited amount of money with wich to defend your peg, and if you're able to knock down the opponent's peg (via luck or skill) you get to set up the next map.

We've also had similar competitions involving building a tower to a set height, and having it withstand a static weight (or bomb) dropped on it.
mikejr

Re: Idea for a contest

Postby landon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:24 pm

this... is... AWESOME! this would attract MANY more people to the forums, and contests. send ur idea to peter. he might set it up as an actual competition! and send him a map too. wait... I HAVE AN IDEA! ( :!: ) peter could possibly add an online function to ar and have this as an online game for armadillo run! oh, if this happens, your welcome.
landon

Re: Idea for a contest

Postby gamma57 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Operation Armadillo Defense

Ive got an cool level for those interested. Its a bit complicated, so there might be some lagging.

Goal:
Keep Commander Dillo and his minion alive for 2 minutes, without letting the enemy reach the base.
--Do Not Fail Level (one of the combatants fell off the level)
--Do Not Complete Level (the Commander fell from his tower, or the enemy reached the base.)

Rules:
1. No Building on the Right Side of the level, past the red lines verticle lines.
2. In the event that people live for 2 minutes, lowest money spent wins.

Hints:
Stop the Tank...
Dont get carpet bombed.
RPGs can do some damage
The ICBM launches at ~30 seconds
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 7/Blah.jpg

Ready Go! :twisted:

Give some feedback if you like it or could improve it.
Attachments
Opperation Armadillo Defense.lvl
Download
(38.83 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
build yourself a ramblin wreck
gamma57
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive