Competition numbering.

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Competition numbering.

Postby ddavex » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Is it just me or is it getting increasingly hard to find the latest competition because roman numerals don't order properly. I realise that we can't use numbers but why not AAA, AAB, AAC ... AAZ, ABA, ABB, ABC, etc? That'd cater for 17,576 competitions. For example: ARFC_A_AAA_MyLevel.
ddavex
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Re: Competition numbering.

Postby Cresta » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:37 pm

I think your solution can be even worse...

Just imagine:
"Hey, I have seen a similar solution in the FRS contest... Oh, wait, it was the FSR!" - "No you wrong, it was RSF" - "Maybe SFR??"

Or:
"Ok, let's see where is the last level: Uhhhmmm, here is a WVV, but there i saw a VWV.... Mmmmmm, hey, look at that VMW!!"

Many of you here can program in C, Java, know about differential equations, roman numbers are not so difficoult, listen to me!
BUT, if you feel in trouble with that poor V, L, X and I, you can use this:

http://www.novaroma.org/via_romana/numbers.html

and be ashamed of youself!
Cresta
Armadeus

Re: Competition numbering.

Postby ddavex » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:35 am

Cresta wrote:Many of you here can program in C, Java, know about differential equations, roman numbers are not so difficoult, listen to me!

Well if that's the case why don't we just use binary? We could use the letters O and I and at least they would order correctly.
ddavex
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive