Contest # 8 early ending poll

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

End contest #8 early?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 8

Contest # 8 early ending poll

Postby BFC » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 am

Hello everyone,

with several people (more than who have posted) having issues with the contest #8's level I would like everyone's input on if we should end #8 early and start #9 on Wednesday.

I think with how the 3 'Dillos affect things it would probably work out best. If enough of you still want to roll ahead with this one we'll keep it, other wise we will end this one Wednesday at 21:00 CET and fire up a new one shortly after (as long as the winner of #8 has a level ready).

So, cast your vote so we can decide. A shame this one didn't work out for us better.

-BFC
Last edited by BFC on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby BFC » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 am

This certainly helped me make up my mind on this contest...lol.

Well, since we are evenly split I think we should let the contest ride for the duration and have a fresh start on #9 some time next week.

If you haven't yet, give this level a go. It's really not that tough :) I have several nice solutions in my inbox and more than one suprise one already that I didn't think of.

Bunching all 3 'Dillos up into the same space can cause some weird things to happen. If this bothers you, perhaps try to avoid bunching them together. I have a 2000+ solution that I did that does not bunch them together so it's quite possible and competitive to do it that way.

No worries about releasing a multiple 'Dillo level in the future. Not likely to happen until (if) it's fixed to work properly.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive