Suggestion for "C" League Type of Contest

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Suggestion for "C" League Type of Contest

Postby JohnnyRoastbeef » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Shoot the Dillo the Farthest by <insert restriction here>.

I made up a level with a measuring stick for it. The contest would be to knock down the furthest possible plate. The way I built it, the intent was for the Red Rope to be the construction limit and the brown rope to be the limit of where the dillo can start.

In my mind, these are contests that feature "place your own dillo" and "place your own anchors" as long as you obey the construction region rules, mentioned above. Of course, if you want price to be a part of it, you'd need to place the anchors as the host, or limit the number of extra anchors to, say, 10, on top of making the construction rules.

This would be an excellent template for things like "combine distance with price" or "Trebuchet: use only falling weight to impart energy to the dillo."

It's easy to score and could help with some different kinds of ideas for C levels.

I've attached the blank template, as well as my own example level for: "shoot the dillo as far as you can using a rubber bumper." According to my scoring system, my launcher earned a 34.

Comments appreciated.
Attachments
Distance_Bumper.lvl
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Distance Measurement.lvl
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
At long last I have an avatar.
JohnnyRoastbeef
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby NickyNick » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:06 pm

AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby JohnnyRoastbeef » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Sadly I haven't reviewed all of the contests. Thanks for pointing that out though I'll probably take a look at the entries. I still think it would make sense to use the format more often in the C's.
At long last I have an avatar.
JohnnyRoastbeef
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby NickyNick » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Yeah, for sure! :) Next time when I'll win C, I'll make something like this. I'm bored with all these speed contests :?
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive