Lag - An addition to the contest hosting guidelines (?)

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Lag - An addition to the contest hosting guidelines (?)

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:31 am

I believe lag could be added to the guidelines to make more levels playable. My computer hardly ever lags, but others here don't have the same luck.

Some additional things to think about when hosting a contest:

-The smaller, the better.
-Be careful about how much stuff you put in the level
-Don't overuse rockets or tension

If you have another to add, don't hesitate!
I'm hoping this ball will get rolling.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby tomo » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:26 am

i think thats hoster's choice... are you yust triing to get more posts to beat me or something?
IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT keep it for yourself
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby McGinge » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:00 am

Hmm nice idea Drago; although after this Creativity Medal business I think half of the community aren't gonna like our ideas anymore! :lol:
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:06 pm

tomo wrote:i think thats hoster's choice... are you yust triing to get more posts to beat me or something?

I shall dethrone you!! :twisted: No I'm not trying to do that.

It would just be something to think about, because isn't it irritating to have a level you like but cant play due to lag?
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TomHD » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:51 pm

I like the idea but heres the thing, People upload levels that lag like heck, because on their computer it doesn't lag.

they don't realise it lags so they won't know it does until its complained about, but at that point this proposed guideline is too late.
TomHD

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:02 pm

TomHD wrote:I like the idea but heres the thing, People upload levels that lag like heck, because on their computer it doesn't lag.

they don't realise it lags so they won't know it does until its complained about, but at that point this proposed guideline is too late.

Well, when making a level, I usually think. Lag is an additional thing people could think about. I would notice if I used a lot of rockets, or had a huge level, etc, so I think people could think about that and lessen the strain the levels put on other peoples computer.
Also, a host wants their level to be well liked. If it lags, people won't play it!
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive