A new site

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ikerous » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 am

dudiobugtron wrote:This is awesome - it would be great if it automatically updated the stuff once the competitions were posted!

Or, perhaps we could host the competitions using that site (just upload the files and the description etc...) it would make hosting much easier for newcomers. Also then we wouldn't have to rely on manual updates of who won because you the contest host could also enter the winners directly in to there as well.

Just some food for thought.

I'm working on letting users edit the current competition pages and upload new ones. Although I'm having permission issues so i'm gunna have to talk to gman :/ Then i've got to find some way for the host to end a competition. Right now the only place to announce winners and link to the soutions is the main page and that stuff should probably have it's own page

edit: nvm, im stupid. I got it workin. So far I've got it so the current league pages are editable. I wanna make the news page editable next and then I'll work on a "Start new competition" page.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Tell me please if you need some help with php! :D
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby NickyNick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm

When I'm trying to make "test" submission for current C (to myself), there is an error:

Warning: file_get_contents(./contest//c/<?php echo 14; ?>/var.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blackni/public_html/dillo/upload.php on line 5
Failed to send

:roll:
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby Ikerous » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:43 pm

NickyNick wrote:When I'm trying to make "test" submission for current C (to myself), there is an error:

Warning: file_get_contents(./contest//c/<?php echo 14; ?>/var.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blackni/public_html/dillo/upload.php on line 5
Failed to send

:roll:

Thanks i got it all fixed up. The sites still pretty much beta. In a few days we're gunna release a crapload of new features which will really make the site useful. Everything shoud be running smoothly when we do that
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:47 pm

Ikerous wrote:Thanks i got it all fixed up. The sites still pretty much beta. In a few days we're gunna release a crapload of new features which will really make the site useful. Everything shoud be running smoothly when we do that

Great! I just want to say another "Thank you!" to you and GMan :D
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby GMan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:34 pm

Thanks :) I'm working on a comment and rating system, then a award tally system.
GMan
GMan
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm working on a system to let ppl start, edit and close competitions along with a web interface to make editing the news page considerabley easier
I should be done sometime fri/sat
Ikerous
Light Master

Previous

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive