Medal icons

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NickyNick » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:03 pm

I've made a little preview for that Dark Master icon :arrow:
Attachments
dark master v2_preview.png
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby luka1222 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:06 pm

dont want to throw any flies in your ountment but i realy dont like the idea of haveing starwars thingys in the design. armadillo run has a style all of its own and so we should honour that, star wars hasnt really got much to do with this, IMO
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Oh it's ok :) What would you like Luka? I'll be glad to hear some ideas from you :wink:
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby luka1222 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:19 pm

sorry didnt mean to critasise i just think we should stay true to the original design of the current ones, dunno im gona have a little play soon :D
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:02 am

luka1222 wrote:dont want to throw any flies in your ountment but i realy dont like the idea of haveing starwars thingys in the design. armadillo run has a style all of its own and so we should honour that, star wars hasnt really got much to do with this, IMO

I agree with this - although for different reasons. Light, dark and 'the force' are all obviously borrowed from Star Wars so it doesn't hurt to have some fun with that.

However, the 'dark' solutions are the ones which use the 'force', and the light solutions are the ones which don't. So it doesn't make much sense having Yoda as the 'light master', because he uses the force too (even if it is for 'good').

I think the yoda one is perfect for 'armadeus' though, because it shows someone who has mastered both force and non-force solutions.

There are other good medals in this page too - very nice designing everyone! keep it coming :D

in particular I think this one would be really ncie if it rotated:

And you coudl do a dark version too
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby NickyNick » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 pm

If this Yoda icon will be chosen for Armadeus, I gonna tweak dark solutions with triple eagerness XD

Maybe, we should try to create some 3D stuff in addition to classic medal image for creating icons for Light&Dark Masters? It can be very good idea to use 3D for making "something special" :)
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Previous

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive