bring back elastic

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

bring back elastic

Postby luka1222 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:01 pm

it seems to me that the humble elastic is being left behind, i cant remember the last time a saw some used in a level when it hasnt been put there by the level designer. actually i cant remember the last time i saw it at all.

its pretty obvious that the reason for this is that it is just too dam expensive noone is ever gona use it when there is always cheaper ways of doing it than 90 bigg ones for the smallest piecs of elestic.

so what do we do i think we should see if we can make it cheaper , is this possible , how do other people feel about this, it just seems like there are many interesting thinkgs that could be done with the stuff if it is given a chance, i was going to bring out a level with special rules where elestic was cheaper but havent really had any time to play recently. anyway just wanted to put that out there.
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby gokou135 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:21 pm

WOOHOOOO lets do it, i friggin love elastic.
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby mark_man » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:41 pm

I cannot see why any of the prices for materials cannot be changed by the level maker in any comp.So all that remains is for peter to do his stuff.
Last edited by mark_man on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:11 pm

First time I tried to create the level I thought that it is possible, but then is was a bit of disappointment for me. I think that it is a good idea for PeterS to make changing material costs possible :idea: :)
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby luka1222 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:44 pm

i think having the option to change the material costs for all the materials would just end up bing confusing, i just want the elastic to be changed so we see it involved in the game a bit more
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:32 am

this is tricky; many of the awesome inventions we have made in the forum contests have been designed out of neccessity - if Elastic was cheaper we might end up with more boring solutions.

(of course, I'm not sure we would - it's worth testing out!)
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:37 am

I partly agree with you Dudiob, but in the same time - I am a bit tired of bulding pully wheels. The invention is done - but you have to build those pullywheels over and over again. If elastic was cheaper but not too cheap - and balanced to be about equally cheap as a pully wheel - one had to decide from level to level what to choose. The elastic may seems more "ugly" than it really is. I suspect elastics are so expencive that when people use them they are either newbies (dont use the term n00b since its fascism) or the are just fooling around without caring about cost. Besides its very yellow. :roll: Still its important that its not TOO cheap. Fact is - I dont know really. Sorry. But I posting this any way :D HAA - HAAh :roll: Damn im full of crap these days..:P

worth a try - yes. But can one change it back easlily?
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 am

?rjan Flatseth wrote:I partly agree with you Dudiob, but in the same time - I am a bit tired of bulding pully wheels.

I completely agree with this :!:
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive