AR WCH?

General discussions pertaining to the Armadillo Run Forum Contests should go here. Also contains the classic contest threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NickyNick » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm

MrDo wrote:I agree with all these points, but I think the posting scores and all the rules should not be changed because who know weather or not it will increase participation.

The only idea I can think of that might increase participation, is a 'participation medal'. Awarded for everyone for every solution they submit.

Or you can make it 'participation points'.

1 point for N league participation
2 points for A
2 points for C
3 points for B
5 points for design contest?

I like this idea. How about points for victory in each contest?
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby ioncorpse » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:15 pm

I had an idea "30 levels for 2 months, nobody knows results (lvl solutions) before the end, but everybody knows summary score (TOP 10 and so on), summary scores calculates automatically... but it's to hard to manage.
For me - current system is ok.
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:58 am

hehe, It seems like everyone doesn't like the score-posting thing, but I think it is a big part of what helps to keep the competitions going. Because, it is a big part of our post-count!!!

If noone posted scores, then noone would post! Meaning noone would enter the competitions. There has to be some way for people to talk about how they are doing, and discuss the level/etc, or the forum will die. But there might be a better way to do this than posting scores (eg: maybe people can post their methods, and not scores?)
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby tomo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:21 am

maybe they could post which materials did they add in the level...
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby ioncorpse » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 pm

maybe they could post which materials did they add in the level...

Then i will not post anything except "Wow, cool level", "I have an idea" and "Respect to the winner". :)
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby NickyNick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:hehe, It seems like everyone doesn't like the score-posting thing, but I think it is a big part of what helps to keep the competitions going. Because, it is a big part of our post-count!!!

If noone posted scores, then noone would post! Meaning noone would enter the competitions. There has to be some way for people to talk about how they are doing, and discuss the level/etc, or the forum will die. But there might be a better way to do this than posting scores (eg: maybe people can post their methods, and not scores?)

I like posting scores, like all the bluffing stuff and I'm against of cancelling score posting :evil: I also think, that we shall allow people to discuss the level as you said Dudio :D W/o this stuff there will be total silence at contests forum threads (except "Congratulations name of the winner!" and "Ouch, it's hard level :(")
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby JonathanF » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Posting scores is an integral part of the contests... I personally like it.

Different scores to different leagues- I'm in!
"It's just a reflection of dark past, remains of a ruined, dead, cursed soul, and also another reason for you to hate me..."

-Meyhna'ch
JonathanF
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Previous

Return to General Contest Discussion / Classic contest archive