Some new idea's for a future version

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Some new idea's for a future version

Postby Tantalus » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:09 pm

I've made some idea's that probaly would be nice in the next version of the game, tell me what you guys think of it.

-Possibillity to scale game borders, so you can make bigger levels.
-More Dillo's and end-level gates (choise to make them in differend colors ofcourse to tell them appart if creator thinks its neccaserry)
-Chance dillo size (with it, the dillo mass also chances)

-Timers:
*Not only a destruct timer but also a appear timer, wich makes an object appear after a certain amount of time.
* Timer to increase/decrease the tennsion of an object to a certain amount after a certain amount of time

-Objects:
* Fan: Blows or sucks air, making the dillo (and items sensitive for it, like rockets and cloth) move to it or away from it (blow/suck strength is adjustable, just like the strenght of a rockets is too)
*Gravity chancer: Kinda simmular like the fan, only this pulls all items in its line, instead of only the first items it can reach. With this the objects and the dillo get pulled or pushed away from it. Nice for making levels more difficult, since the dillo now can fall of from more then just one side (witch you can do with the fan too ofcourse)
*Speed chance track: Can only be applied to metal objects. With it you can set a certain amount of force in a forth or back direction, making the dillo (when he rolls over it) move faster or slower or even move the opposide direction if the is enough backforce set. (This could be set to a timer, to let the dillo suddenly being shot away when it triggers. Or with a timer that slowley increases the force, so you can use it like a lifting track in rollercoasters)

When I have more idea's I post them, also bring in your own creative ideas, Im sure the creator will love it (brings more work ofcourse, but thats an other story).
Tantalus

Postby dsv » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:44 pm

All I really want from the next version is the following:

1) Fewer physics bugs, and
2) Ability, in the level editor, to change endpoints to anchors and vice versa.
3) Ability to keep level files categorized by folder. When I'm cleaning out old levels, it's a real pain to try to find every file associated with a particular level. Ability to recognized subfolders would be a huge win.
dsv

Postby Njaa » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:49 pm

No-go zone: Tool to make zones where you can design structures in the creating of the level, but not make anything in the actual solving.

Modified Start: The ability to start from a given point in time. An editable box next to (or on) the start button, that you can enter a number of seconds in, would be what I had in mind.

And some way to make the level start without everything being static. Be it starting some seconds in, or creating a tool to add a speed and direction on individual objects. Just an idea, but I would like :)
Njaa
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby dsv » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:00 pm

Njaa wrote:Modified Start: The ability to start from a given point in time. An editable box next to (or on) the start button, that you can enter a number of seconds in, would be what I had in mind.

Oooh, that's a good one.
dsv

Postby trevis » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:34 pm

copy pasting object groups would be nice too..
trevis
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Weasel497 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:58 pm

Um... Editing the level size has been posible from day 1. And with the level editor that a fellow member made, you can change the size of the dillos and make multiple ones. You can change the color or apearance of the diools if you have a good photo editing program like Gimp or Photoshop.
Weasel497

Postby MrDo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:06 pm

trevis wrote:copy pasting object groups would be nice too..

You can copy and paste a lot of things at once. HOLDING TAB, select all the things to copy. Then press CTRL-C and CTRL-V to paste it. F and CTRL-F will invert it vertically or horizontal.

I wish the next version would allow you to rotate it too.
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Aflac » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:20 pm

You can rotate by highlighting and holding shift on whatever you want to rotate.
Aflac

Postby snowlord » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:00 pm

This is a fun thread. People get their wishes granted immediately because they are already implemented... :)
I'm a tweakling (any score posted by me is light, unless stated otherwise)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby trevis » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:01 pm

I still can't seem to copy paste :/
trevis
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:04 am

I'd like to be able to give objects a magnetic charge. And have electricity so that I can create a magnet that can be turned on or off. (And then I could build something similar to a transistor or relay and build a computer!)
Thrack
Thrack

Postby MrDo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:47 pm

trevis wrote:I still can't seem to copy paste :/

You need to get the most recent version of the game. Copy/paste was not in previous versions.
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Tantalus » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:38 am

Okay, thats a idea witch could have some great potential, making generators you can attach on objects, metal things are for running power trough and non-metal you can use as isolators. You could make powerswitches and as soon the dillo hits the switch (or something else if you prefer) a new part of the track starts to move. You could design complete fabriks with it :lol:
Tantalus

Postby Hyperkubus » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:07 pm

I'm against. it would make things waaay too complicated. Armadillo run is fine without features like that. Things which can be handy are the 'start from time=5 seconds', more dillo support and other stuff like that. Or making a textbox to type in the tension and timers.
Hyperkubus
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Thrack » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Hyperkubus wrote:I'm against. it would make things waaay too complicated. Armadillo run is fine without features like that. Things which can be handy are the 'start from time=5 seconds', more dillo support and other stuff like that. Or making a textbox to type in the tension and timers.

Maybe it just needs an easy way to see the magnetic field while you build and run the level. And you don't need to play or make levels that use much magnetism if you don't want to.
I wonder if you could build a monorail with it? Or a floating island or some kind of cloth hovercraft? Hmm... with electromagnetism I could build relays, motors and other things and that would allow me to build a self correcting airship! Or an airship that can ferry things from one location to another, maybe a building that holds itself up though magnetism or something that can throw materials back and forth to block the armadillo's path or for the armadillo to travel on.
Thrack
Thrack

Next

Return to General