Making Timers Invisible

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Making Timers Invisible

Postby BTilson » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Just a thought I had when watching some spectator levels that relied heavily on timers. I think it would make levels much "prettier" if when the simulation was actually running, the yellowish timer boxes would not be visible. This could be an option to turn off and on for those who would prefer to see them, but in a lot of cases I think it would be nice to be able to disable these.

What does everyone think?
BTilson

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:57 pm

I agree. But I early developed a kind of estethic alergy against timers and there are allways a way to do without them whith mechanical delayed triggers as a substitute which is so much prettier anyway. The timers could be replaced graphical by dynamite with clocks attached or something. :?:
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:10 am

I completely agree. Timers are ugly!!!!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby BTilson » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:55 pm

I too generally try to avoid using timers when I can, although I don't know if what I do can be classified as 'triggers'. Generally I will use the momentum of the Armadillo to break part of the structure that is holding whatever device I want activated (negative tension rubber for a launcher, for instance)
BTilson

Postby Nishimaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Can't we just edit the pictures in the graphic folder to get rid of the yellow boxes?
Arrive, arise to your new world as this one dies. Forever death will embrace everything.
Nishimaster
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby BTilson » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 pm

Just a guess, but wouldn't that also eliminate them when you were editing the level? They are needed there, in my opinion, just not so much when the simulation is actually running.
I'm a chronic tweaker. Three hours of moving one node to save $2... Definitely worth it.
BTilson

Postby Nishimaster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Yeah, I suppose. But it still does have the little number thing, so I guess you don't really need the graphic aswell. Or you could edit the box so it was a bit less annoying.
Arrive, arise to your new world as this one dies. Forever death will embrace everything.
Nishimaster
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Return to General