Potential registration issues?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Potential registration issues?

Postby skeletalphrame » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Im wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

I have a laptop for work and a docking station at work. I installed the game and everything when I was at hope and got my registration and all was good.

I come to work and start up my laptop in the docking station, go to open up AR and it says that I need to re-register the game. I then undock the laptop and try again, and it works fine.

If I undock the computer, open up the game, then redock the computer, I can play it like normal...until I close the program and try to open it in the dock again.

So is there some sort of fix for this or do I just need to deal with it as is for the time being. BTW, I am using the latest edition of AR.

Thanks,
Jason
skeletalphrame

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:29 am

Maybe you could try setting armadillo run as one of the programs which can't access the internet in your firewall. Maybe it runs a check at start up to make sure of something.

Otherwise, send an email to the creator of the game and he can probably help.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JP » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:56 am

What's probably happening is that your MAC address is changing as you undock you laptop. Peter mentioned this issue in his release notes: http://armadillorun.com/versions/registration.html

Apparently you can contact him to get extra registration codes.
JP
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Return to General