PDA Version Planned?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

PDA Version Planned?

Postby tals » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm

What a great game. Seems like it would be perfect for the PDA market as well. Any plans to do this (mine is a Palm tx :) )

Tals
tals

Postby Zut » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:54 pm

OOoooh that would be sweet. And maybe if a cut-down version was possible could it be ported to the PSP too? :D:D:D:D:D

Heres a very interesting project for an OpenGL-like graphics library for the PSP...

http://www.goop.org/psp/gl/

How cool would that be? :D

EditL HOLY CR*P! FMOD is supported on the PSP too! :D Although the shareware agreement doesn't cover the PSP... hmmm
Zut

Postby Armadillo Man » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:29 pm

Zut wrote:OOoooh that would be sweet. And maybe if a cut-down version was possible could it be ported to the PSP too? :D:D:D:D:D

Hm, I'm not sure I'm convinced that the control system would work well on the PSP. I think Armadillo Run needs a mouse or at the very least a touch sensitive screen and a stylus (though before someone mentions the DS, I think the screen on that is far too small for AR).
Armadillo Man

Postby PeterT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Regarding the PSP - I wrote a small PSP game (free): http://psp.metaclassofnil.com/crystalise/

Anyway, I don't know if the Armadillo Run physics engine would run acceptably on Palms or most PDAs, at least for the more complex levels. Though, all the physics seem to be 2D, so if you would reduce the graphics to 2D as well... but I very much prefer Peter to work on adding features and fixing bugs in the PC version for now :D
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BFC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:42 pm

Yeah I have seen where the game has physically limited the simulation due to too many things happening at one time on my end.

Complete my level "Clockworks" (note: Not the similarly named "Clockwork") and you'll likely see the limitation of the simulation being displayed at the upper right corner of the screen.

Definitely would give a PDA a heart attack :)

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tmcsweeney » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:05 am

Changing topic slightly.... when you see the "Limiting Simulation speed" message. Does that mean that fidelity of the physics solver is being reduced? and if so does that mean that the results will potentially be different in certain chaotic edge cases.

In that case it is probably possible to create a solution that only works on slow machines (or fast ones), might be something to watch out for in competitions.

Cheers
Tim
tmcsweeney

Postby BFC » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Results for me were the same when the reduced speed was displayed and when it wasn't.

I found the outcome of the level to be identical.

Howver, I HAVE found that placing an object totally unrelated to something to have a large impact for unknown reasons.

That is, put a sheet of cloth between 2 anchor points in the middle of a level, unattached to anything and it complety changes how the level progressed.

That might be a bug however.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby _l0ser » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:35 am

I've never seen that message.
*flex*
_l0ser

Postby BFC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:08 am

The only time I've ever seen it is on the level I created called "Clockworks"

Make a working solution for that level and see if you don't run into it there.

It seems to me everyone will have a slightly different point where they will hit this limit as everyone's systems are not identical.

My personal system will hit the limiter so to speak at around a 3/4 working "clockworks" level. The last 1/4 of the solution is where the limiter kicks in.

Mind you also that I haven't seen a level as large as Clockworks either. It's part of the reason I made it. I wanted the biggest size possible and I wanted to have to travel horizontally and vertically very long distances without the aid of rockets :)

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Skrying » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:14 pm

_l0ser wrote:I've never seen that message.
*flex*

I think I have a level, of no real purpose other than fun, that could slow any system down to levels of unknown slowness. Lol
Skrying

Re: PDA Version Planned?

Postby mouta » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:00 pm

MAN! how cool would a psp version be?!!!

regarding the ultra sensitive move to place the objects, well you could just hold l1 and use the analog and it would move extra sensitively :P
mouta

Re: PDA Version Planned?

Postby magic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 pm

so is there any way you can get AR on a touch screen MP4?
all it really requires is a mouse so it should be alright, can anyone help me out with this.
is it a no full stop, or can it be converted and done?

cheers :wink:
magic

Return to General