Different Outcomes...

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Different Outcomes...

Postby Weasel497 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Ok, I made a level with tensioned rubber to launch the dillo, and everything worked perfectly. So I saved it. I went in the next day to show it to a friend and the outcome was different and the dillo didn't remotely come close to landing in the catcher... WTF??? Am I missing something?
Weasel497

Fix of level

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:42 pm

Many of us has had this problem.

Fruitything came with a way to fix it - it worked for me. Here it is:

*Load the level, *edit ANY point, *run the level (it'd fail), *undo, *run again. And it worked like the charm it was supposed to.
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Thali » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:35 am

I have also had some problems with different outcomes when creating a level. For example, I created a level with a box moving through several parts (which were not physically connected). First I made one part where the box came dropping of an edge, next I made a part that catched the box and passed it on, etc. But sometimes when I started making a new part, the outcome of the first parts suddenly changed and I had to adjust it all over again. This happened almost every time I added new things and this was a pretty simple level, think this should be much more annoying when making more advanced levels! Is this a common problem? Would be nice if the outcome of the simulation was completely stable and didn't change from time to time. Otherwise, really great game! :)
Thali

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:37 pm

I have experienced the same thing when i had a box of metalsheets falling down some stairs of metalsheets and lots fo anchors even. The changes in behaviour occured everytime I changed the shape or size of the whole level. Otherwize - Im more impressed over how well everything goes in the simulation than those few bugs that so seldom occur! :wink:
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Thali » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:05 pm

Yes, on a overall I'm very surprised of how stable it is, most of the time I think it works perfectly. After I posted earlier today, I read some more posts about the same problem. Don't know yet how often updates are released, as I just bought the game last Sunday, but hopefully a patch fixing this issue will be released sometime. Meanwhile, I have no problems enjoying the game 8)
Thali

Return to General