Feature requests

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Postby FFT » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:23 am

Andrew wrote:There are many tweaks required in AR... just how do you balance it to make everyone happy though?
Make it so the maps have the ability to have unique costs for each item. :D
FFT

Postby kingofthespill » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:42 pm

Another thing that seems not quite optimal to me is the elastic's properties. I think it dampens too much. A small length of elastic can absorb massive amounts of momentum, more than is typically needed.

I think the elasticity is at an interesting place to play around with, but somehow it doesn't lead to alot of solutions. It is easier to use rope to make something useful, like a trampoline. It is clearly not as good as rubber cannon in terms of launching as it requires other materials (and $) to build.

I think a small change in its properties would improve it and probably not conflict with how it is currently used by and large. Another alternative would be to make the properties' variables available to level designers to change, although that could be a little confusing as people might not know to examine the elastic to determine what it is set at for a particular level.
Last edited by kingofthespill on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tmcsweeney » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:51 am

I think changing material propereties or costs on a level by level basis is areally bad idea.

Imagine how boring it would be, every tghime you get a new level you have to spend 15 minutes experimenting to discover what whacked out scheme the level author has put in place. "Oh, metal bars are stretchy, industructable and have negative gravity...."
tmcsweeney

Postby FFT » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:20 pm

Properties maybe, but I don't see why costs would be a big deal.
FFT

Postby Armadillo Man » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:58 pm

I agree with tmcsweeney. I think the balance works very well, and I don't see any reason to change it or allow level designers to adjust it.

I like the suggestion that level designers could add a number of prepaid pieces, such as rockets, and allow the players to place them without any cost.
Armadillo Man

Postby Frate » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:38 pm

I would like an playback bar, so you can fast forward or go back.
This would be great in situations where you make an "spectator" level, and you don't have to wait 50 seconds until you want to go to "that spot".
Frate

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:02 pm

I think that's on the top of everyone's wishlist Frate!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Frate » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:49 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:I think that's on the top of everyone's wishlist Frate!

I thought multiple armadillos were :D
Frate

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 pm

Yeah I should have read the rest of the thread first! But, 6 pages! :shock:

Anyway, one thing I really want to see implemented is 'time limit' mode. Where the point isn't to complete the level cheapest, but fastest. (within budget of course).

Or you could have bonus $ for finishing within 'par' - or have multiple time limits each with a bigger bonus. Or you could have different high scores for fastest and cheapest. etc... etc...
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby BFC » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 am

You can semi support the timed levels now if you create them "properly" to support it.

I agree however that it would be nice to have it be a separate mode or scoring method.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:06 am

BFC wrote:You can semi support the timed levels now if you create them "properly" to support it.

oooooh clever!

Don't know why I didn't think of this given I was playing 'The MegaCoaster' last night.

I'll definitely be using this idea :D
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Robmonster » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:09 pm

As a new player I would definately enjoy having different user profiles, similar to Bridsge Constructor Set.

That way its really easy for the misses and me to compete against each other, and its also easy for my chums to have a go at the easy levels without already seeing (or degrading) my own solution

I can't imagine this would be that hard to code, but then I'm not a coder so what do I know...?

RM
Robmonster

Postby BioDroid » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:43 am

I would like to have small pieces of TNT. The price would be around 500$ each unit.

I also would like a material called "notes":

whenever armadillo touches it, it plays a note each one defined in a range of 12 values:
C - C# - D - D# - E - F - F# - G - G# - A - A#- H

Then we should be able to make music in a armadillo run :D

The material should be antigravitional and free. :)

Just for fun offcourse.
BioDroid

Postby .ch » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:56 am

I don't think anybody has mentioned this, but I think the game would be good with liquid.
"Give me a rocket big enough and I'll move the simulation" -Archidillo

Join me on Halo Crusades!
.ch

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 am

.ch wrote:I don't think anybody has mentioned this, but I think the game would be good with liquid.

It would certainly be interesting!!!!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General