Feature requests

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:55 pm

Yep I saw that, nice work.
I'd hope noone's pathetic enough to cheat on the comp but it's bound to happen sooner or later. So I may finish off your statictest.py or reimplement it myself.

My editor currently allows an awful lot of things that you cant do with the built in editor...
    tension+/- more than 100%
    timers greater than 60s
    Lengths greater than the normal maximum
    editing outside the level boundary

it's supposed to be just for pushing the limits of level creation but it could indeed be used by lamers for cheating & a counter to that will be implemented as well.
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Weasel497 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:33 pm

Do you plan to release this editor? I think it would be fun to play with!
Weasel497

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:08 am

Weasel497 wrote:Do you plan to release this editor? I think it would be fun to play with!

Of course... it's usable right now but it needs a bit more polish before I release it.
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Stigern » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:02 am

How about a ruler? it would be helpful with the making of correct wheels and stuff.
Stigern

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:03 am

Stigern wrote:How about a ruler? it would be helpful with the making of correct wheels and stuff.

Well sooner or later it should have an object generator of sorts built in... so you don't have to manually size everything up like you do now. If you want precision you can copy/paste coordinates but there's no ruler as yet.
To be honest though the editor as it stands isn't as nice to use as the proper one, but it is more powerful.
First release probably tomorrow for testers... see http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... .php?t=495
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Noah » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:22 am

Sorry for not reading all 10 pages for this:

I'd LOVE to have better time control..

Something like this.. At any time you can just drag the bar up and down.
Red line is where today slow is, at very high-paced levels I think the slow is too fast..

Also, let us be able to speed it up. I hate the big, slow levels that needs to be tweaked at the end. Watch 1 minute, change a timer with 0,05 seconds then watch another minute.
Noah

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:10 am

I just could not agree more! - But my computer already has a hard day simulate the physics in normal speed - so how can it be done faster just like that? (not that I have any knowledge about such stuff). It would be an advatage for people with good cpu's thoug :x :wink:
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby luka1222 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:26 pm

yeah a ruler would be good, and maybe like premade shapes that you can trace over then get rid of
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby Mathias-san » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 pm

?rjan Flatseth wrote:I just could not agree more! - But my computer already has a hard day simulate the physics in normal speed - so how can it be done faster just like that? (not that I have any knowledge about such stuff). It would be an advatage for people with good cpu's thoug :x :wink:

But what if you could play through the map once and then it could make a timeline?
Then you wouldn't have to use the cpu for more then calculating how far the dillo would have gotten to the point in the timeline you clicked..
It would be really hard to make though :/
Mathias-san, inventor of the Hoverball :D
Mathias-san

Postby azamiryou » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:14 pm

But what if you could play through the map once and then it could make a timeline?
Then you wouldn't have to use the cpu for more then calculating how far the dillo would have gotten to the point in the timeline you clicked.

The problem is - since this is for tweaking something near the end of a long level - how can the program be certain your tweak doesn't change anything earlier in the simulation?
azamiryou

Postby nckomodo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:08 am

A few things I would like to see, but others might argue take away from the simplicity of the game:
1. a no collide tool of sorts, you can select one piece then a group of pieces and these pieces will not collide. This could possibly be only for custtom levels, only in the level editor, or cost around $200 or something per selection.
2. This would definetely kill simplicity, but really open up the game for others. custom pieces which can be scripted via lua or some other scripting languages.

As for the problem with the interface if the game were to go fully 3d, something in the style of valves map editor (hammer) with 4 screens (3d view, xy, xz, yz) would work well.
nckomodo

Postby Stigern » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:10 pm

What the game needs is DualCore support :)
That would be so awesome.
Stigern

Postby Drone_Fragger » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:59 pm

I think there needs to be a mod maker, so you can make new materials, change the current ones, and so on. I've really wanted a "Steel wire" type element, like extra strong cloth, So I can make enormous lift systems :D
Drone_Fragger

Postby Njaa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 pm

azamiryou wrote:
Then you wouldn't have to use the cpu for more then calculating how far the dillo would have gotten to the point in the timeline you clicked.

The problem is - since this is for tweaking something near the end of a long level - how can the program be certain your tweak doesn't change anything earlier in the simulation?

Why should you or the program be certain of that? The differences would show themselves when you press play. It's not the comps responsibility that you don't fuck up :)

To make it easy, the function could be kept to just writing in the point in time you want to jump to. No timeline.
Njaa
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Previous

Return to General