Windows Vista?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Windows Vista?

Postby BigV » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:43 pm

I cant seem to get Armadillo Run running on Windows Vista. Any suggestion? It starts up and goes to the title sequence, but says "Limiting Simulation Speed, No Hardware Acceleration Found, PLease ensure you have installed the correct drivers" So I went to http://www.ati.com and downloaded their Vista Drivers to no avail. Help?
BigV

Postby PeterT » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:54 pm

Are you running it in windowed mode? if so, try fullscreen. Windowed OpenGL in Vista is strange in numerous ways due to the way the desktop is rendered.

In case fullscreen doesn't work either, I guess you'll have to keep booting an earlier Windows version to play, as you can't expect a beta OS to be supported - Btw, Win+Tab in Vista is nifty ;)
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BigV » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:36 pm

how am i gonna boot an earlier version of windows if vista is installed
i wanna keep vista :P

EDIT: now i cant install ANY drivers in vista :cry:
BigV

Postby BFC » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:33 pm

Yeah I'd say it has to be the video driver. Vista is still pretty buggy for 3D stuff from what I hear/read. I, as a rule, never beta test operating systems because I don't have time to futz with little stuff like that.

Sounds like you need to setup multiple partitions and run XP or another OS along with Vista until Vista is more stable driver wise.

Of course this is just advice and doesn't really help your situation any. :(

Good luck though.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby BigV » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:40 am

yea well when i decide to go grab my xp cd, i COULDNT FIND THE BUGGER! :evil: so now i gotta download it which will takea while, which will mean even longer till i get to play :cry:
BigV

Postby beejamin » Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 am

I'm running vista business on my new laptop, and I've run into this problem too. I'm running 165nVidia drivers on a 7700go card - all other 3D runs just fine (amazingly well, in fact).

Anyone had (and solved) this problem?
beejamin

Postby tomo » Fri May 04, 2007 12:28 pm

same problem on win 98 but when i downloaded drivers it was fine.
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Return to General