Webstite Design

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Webstite Design

Postby Running-Armadillo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Im sorry, but ive always wanted my own website, does it cost any money, or can you use a host, can anyone help me out here, I wanted to start a game design website with armadillo run being its main subject. The only website hosts that I know how to use are Tripod and myspace even though myspace isnt even really somthing like that.
The Thirteen Year-Old Genius.
Running-Armadillo

web host

Postby pspluke » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 pm

i am with wanadoo try favorites,communicate,build a website :D
pspluke

Here is one i made in half an hour

Postby pspluke » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:47 pm

pspluke

Postby Skrying » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:16 pm

Anything beyond your basic cookie cutter sites (Tripod, Myspace, Geocities, etc general crap) will mean you want to learn how to use HTML.

There are WYSIWYG editors out there, Dreamweaver being the most popular (uber expensive also). If you know how to handle a database (MySQL) and use an FTP you could always install a CMS (content managment system) such as Joomla! which allows you to use templates and add and remove content very easily.

There are some web hosts such as 1&1 who provide templates and what I understand as an in house CMS system to create your own basic sites. Something like that would work pretty well.

Web hosting is not free though if you want full control or a website where you choose if you want ads or not. Generally a host will cost you around $5 a month for decent web space and bandwidth for a small site.
Chemical Hardware - Hardware... with chemicals!
Skrying

Return to General