Dark & Light?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Dark & Light?

Postby UrhoKarila » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 am

Can someone explain to me the difference between "Dark" and "Light" level solutions?
UrhoKarila

Re: Dark & Light?

Postby scimaster » Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 am

The difference between dark and light is in the way a level is solved. Light levels are solved without using a glitch in the AR physics emulator called "the force" and dark ones are.

The force is (usually) when two materials cross, and are forced to stay crossed. They will begin playing their sound effect (i.e. cloth goes "woof" metal goes "ping") constantly, and they will generate extra force. There are some pretty good examples around the forum. and I know there used to be a sticky explaining the concept better, so search "the force" and you should come up with something.
Code: Select all
ww@localhost:echo $name

"\  /\  /  /\   |--  |--  |=   |\  |"
" \/  \/  /- \  |    |    |--  |  \|"

Done

ww@localhost:

http://www.freewebs.com/scimaster
scimaster

Postby JimCDubb » Tue May 19, 2009 1:10 pm

UrhoKarila wrote:Can someone explain to me the difference between "Dark" and "Light" level solutions?

Here are two nice threads that explain the force (used in dark solutions).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=237
Force Paddles...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459

This thread explains how the difference between light and dark solutions relate to the contests.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=277
JimCDubb

Postby brandonbrownes » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 pm

This is very simple difference between Dark and Light level solutions. They refer to photosynthesis. light reaction converts sunlight into chemical energy as ATP and + H While the dark reaction does not use direct sunlight, but it uses the ATP and NADH + to produce sugar. It's just very simple.
brandonbrownes

Return to General