Armadillo Run Expansion (Idea)

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Armadillo Run Expansion (Idea)

Postby s0cc3rr0x » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 pm

I am a serious armadillo run addict and i have been playing non-stop for the last 7 days :shock: and i have noticed that the game is lacking "Pizazz". I think the makers of this game need to release an expansion to this game that has more materials such as explosives like C-4 and Nitro Glycerin. If they released this then i would definitely buy it.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. I will not be too active on this topic because i'll probably be playing AR
s0cc3rr0x

Re: Armadillo Run Expansion (Idea)

Postby TSchultz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 am

s0cc3rr0x wrote:I am a serious armadillo run addict and i have been playing non-stop for the last 7 days :shock: and i have noticed that the game is lacking "Pizazz". I think the makers of this game need to release an expansion to this game that has more materials such as explosives like C-4 and Nitro Glycerin. If they released this then i would definitely buy it.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. I will not be too active on this topic because i'll probably be playing AR

peterstock is working on a new version of AR right now. I hope he doesn't add C-4 or Nitro Glycerin or something of the like. The only part of AR I don't like is the chaotic nature (I usually don't like it anyways). Tweaking something one pixel will often make the solution work or not work. Explosives will certainly not help this.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby s0cc3rr0x » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 am

sweet thanks for that, i didnt know he was makin a new one. But asides from that, i like games with plenty of freedom, and adding explosives would be a great thing to experiment with. ( i love creating things and destroying them in ar :wink: ) You are definitely right though, that explosives will probably alter the game greatly. I have been thinking about this issue. The sensitivity is too high in AR for me. Changing the border size shouldn't have an impact on the game. Nor should adding a piece of rubber into the game that does not interact with any of the other objects. And i can see why you wouldnt like adding explosives, considering you don't like " the chaotic nature", so just having that optional add-on for the game would solve that problem.

Oh and is there a site regarding Armadillo Run 2?
s0cc3rr0x

Postby M1keDaMasta » Mon May 18, 2009 1:48 am

Where does he state that he is developing a new AR? :shock:
M1keDaMasta

Postby one1 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:02 am

That is great if an expansion really is in the works. Me personally i wasnt hoping so much along the lines of adding explosive but maybe a few new materials and allowing more variables, just some ideas here

Materials

Paper? could be very light weight and float away when not suspended. The armadillo could break through it very easily while still allowing some stopping power

Wood? Sturdy like rubber but without the dampening effect on the 'dillo, and tension or compression wouldnt have as much of an effect. Could have some kind of nice splintering effect when shattered

Aluminum? Strong like metal sheets but flexible like cloth

Springs? Could be compressed or stretched just as other materials, would allow nicer trigger effects without the hassle

Variables

Instead of forcing the player to painstakingly make large structure likes towers or boxes why not have a tool you can select that allows you to click and drag to stretch out a material to build the structure? Much like in the paint program where you can select a tool to make a box, circle, polygon, etc That may be a bit tough to program though, I dont know much about it

Maybe allow the player to alter the thickness of a material to make strong metal boxes or sturdier cloth for example.

Maybe allow the player to alter the gravity in free build mode as Im sure it would remove the challenge of playing the official levels. Or how about wind in a level or even fans?

Just a few ideas here. I would honestly just be happy to see AR2 be exactly the same as 1 but with new official levels. :lol: Looking forward to this if its true!
one1

Postby M1keDaMasta » Tue May 19, 2009 2:31 am

What about gravity options? This could be fun to play with, but could cause consistency problems.
M1keDaMasta

Postby John Doe » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:31 pm

one1 wrote:That is great if an expansion really is in the works. Me personally i wasnt hoping so much along the lines of adding explosive but maybe a few new materials and allowing more variables, just some ideas here

Materials

Paper? could be very light weight and float away when not suspended. The armadillo could break through it very easily while still allowing some stopping power

Wood? Sturdy like rubber but without the dampening effect on the 'dillo, and tension or compression wouldnt have as much of an effect. Could have some kind of nice splintering effect when shattered

Aluminum? Strong like metal sheets but flexible like cloth

Springs? Could be compressed or stretched just as other materials, would allow nicer trigger effects without the hassle

Something that would be really cool would be water. Unfortunately, the game would need a heck of a bigger engine to cope. Maybe if wood is included it should have the ability to be made in one long solid piece. then structures like boats that float could be made. :!: :D Best case scenario, the new version should have the built in ability to edit the number and size of armadillos and edit the armadillo skins
John Doe

Return to General