The Game runs slowly!! (I have OpenGL)

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

The Game runs slowly!! (I have OpenGL)

Postby twigg2050 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 pm

I Know you probably get this topic all the time but the game still runs slowly and says "limiting simulation speed". I have tried everything and my card supports OpenGL, Please Help!!

General Information :
Manufacturer : S3 Graphics
Version : 1.2
Renderer : VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP/MMX/SSE
Acceleration : No, Software

RAM General Information :
Manufacturer : VIA Technologies Inc (NEC Computer International)
Model : VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
Bus Type : AGP
Total Memory : 64 MB
Texture Memory : 90 MB
Processor : VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
Converter : Internal
Refresh Rate (min/max) : 60/75 Hz
Computer manafacture : Packard Bell

Also i have 512mb RAM. I have downloaded the latest drivers from "viaarena" and have tried all the things that the Armadillo Run website says such as lower screen resoluton etc. On edit level it will run fine until too many graphics are present. WHAT MORE CAN I DO? :x

Please help this game is so addictive and i would like to be able to play it as soon as possible! Your help is appreciated :D

Many thanks

Rob
twigg2050

Re: The Game runs slowly!! (I have OpenGL)

Postby peterstock » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

This sounds like it's the drivers that aren't making full use of your graphics card - either that or the graphics card doesn't have support for hardware accelerated rendering.

Maybe the drivers you installed don't include OpenGL support (i.e. they just support DirectX). You may be able to find a driver that does from the graphics card manufacturer's web site or your computer's manufacturer's web site (I would recommend looking there first if you have a laptop).

I'm not sure where you got the information you gave, but it illustrates the problem - the line that says 'Acceleration : No, Software' means that there's no hardware acceleration available to any OpenGL programs.
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Re: The Game runs slowly!! (I have OpenGL)

Postby burntbridge » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:36 pm

This is for anyone who gets the message, limiting simulation speed

its all down to the opengl, what we need is a program that converts opengl to directx

pop over to http://majorgeeks.com/GLDirect_d381.html

download the gldirect and register with the free code and all ya problems will be gone
burntbridge

Return to General