New forum accounts

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

New forum accounts

Postby peterstock » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 am

Due to excessive spam-bot sign-ups, new forum accounts don't have their posts made publicly viewable until they've been manually approved by a moderator.

Since there's a lot of spam posts that get put into this queue, could any new users send me a PM to let me know when they make their first post? Then I'll ensure it doesn't get lost. To PM me, click here:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=19

Thanks

Peter Stock
Last edited by bytheMod on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locked post
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Re: New forum accounts

Postby bytheMod » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm

AMENDMENT June 2013

This forum has been updated.

New users have to pass a simple question captcha about Armadillo Run to register a new account.

They then need to click the link sent to their email address to "approve" the account.

At this stage the new user will be able to send a PM.
I suggest sending one to the present host of whatever AR2 A league challenge is currently running. They will be able to alert the admins to your presence.
The original post says to PM Peter Stock. Best not to do that, as he is a busy chap and rarely checks in with us these days. Contacting the current players in the AR2 A league is your best bet.

New users can also make posts, but these are held in a moderation queue and will not show up in the thread view until they are approved by a moderator. Once a post has been approved, you will be a fully fledged member and able to post and PM freely.

The new user queue is now very quiet, and will not be checked that frequently (perhaps weekly). Hence it would be a good idea to PM someone to get our attention.

If all else fails, and you cannot register or send PMs, then a last resort is to email Peter Stock at the contact details on the Armadillo Run website. This could take a long while, but is a guaranteed backup option (eventually).

"We apologise for the inconvenience", but spambots brought this forum to it's knees, and these measures are necessary to keep things under control.

Thanks and regards,
bytheMod (aka bythelee)
bytheMod

Re: New forum accounts

Postby bytheMod » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

Please note that IP's belonging to spam users are being permanently banned.

If you are a genuine user and find yourself barred from registering because of this, please email Peter Stock via the original Armadillo Run website with details.

We apologise for this inconvenience, and please note it may take a few weeks for Peter to respond, but we have no other solution to the problem at this time.
bytheMod

Return to General