I'm away until 02/08/06

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

I'm away until 02/08/06

Postby PeterT » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:29 pm

I'll be in Iceland until the 2nd of August, and probably won't have a chance to check the forum. However, we now have 3 moderators, so everything should keep running smoothly. Just don't expect me to reply to PMs or e-mail until I'm back ;)

[edit]
The contest will of course keep running, however the medals won't be awarded until I'm back because that requires admin privileges.
Last edited by PeterT on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm away until 02/08/06

Postby Running-Armadillo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:32 pm

PeterT wrote:I'll be in Iceland until the 2nd of August, and probably won't have a chance to check the forum. However, we now have 3 moderators.
If anyone is going to be a moderator, im glad these three are, they have worked there butts off with contests, and different things, there always active in the forum too, good for you guys :D

P.s. does anyone know why he went to Iceland?

[edit] Probrolly buisness?
Running-Armadillo

Postby Ogre » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:04 pm

He needed more ice?

I got nothing.
Ogre
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby PeterT » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm still here, and I know ;)

Believe it or not, I'm going there for fun. I'll have a look at the midnight sun, the glaciers, the volcanic hot springs, the largest european waterfall and more. Oh, and visit some fjords and watch Aurora Borealis and whales and a seal colony. I'm not going alone of course.

I was never a big fan of hot summers (it's 32-34 degrees around here currently) so that's another reason I'll enjoy it :D
(So in a way, yes I need more ice!)
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BFC » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:39 pm

That sounds like a blast Peter. I have neve thought of iceland as a vaction spot. Thanks for putting it on my potential list :)

Safe journey!

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:07 pm

I have allways wanted to visit Iceland. Cant afford it though. Its a uniqe and strange country in many ways - also beside of the nature. All men come from Norway and all the women (stolen) from Ireland. This makes it interesting for scientists all over the world studying genetic related deceases - peoples genes are very hmogenous and easy to have overview bla bla. (how very very interesting - huh? ) Well, at least this was something some drunk bastard told me long time a go. So I guess it must have some truth in it...
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby PeterT » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm back, and feel a bit more like a Viking ;). I have been up for nearly 22 hours now, spending most of it on the plane and train, so excuse the lack of details and the probable errors.
Anyway, it was absolutely great, and it truly deserves to be called an island of ice and fire.

Cant afford it though.

As a student I normally couldn't as well, but my travelling companion has very nice friends there that both let us stay at their place in Reykjavik and Olafsfj?rdur (in the north) and lent us their car for nearly a week of driving and camping!
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby shadow0000 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Ogre wrote:He needed more ice?

I got nothing.

You want ice maker then why you not to try this ice maker...

Return to General