My Rocketry.

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

My Rocketry.

Postby dedmon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 am

HI yall, this will be my first show-off post that I have. I've been practicing and inventing new techniques in rockets and shock absorbers in AR.

I have many lesser rockets that can take off and land, and actually be steered with a purpose, instead of chance. Here, below (if this linking thing works) is the best rocket I've got so far.

It's a rather large beast that takes off, lands on a platform, gets the 'dillo, takes off again, and returns to the same spot it came from.

The steering is done by use of timers. I set the timers so that one rocket on one side will stay active longer than the other side, thus turning the entire ship. It this one, it takes a good few bit of timers and drop-weights to pull it off. It took me weeks to get it right heh. ;)

I'm also rather proud of the shocks I installed on the bottom. Without the shocks, that rocket would smash itself to pieces on landing. I think the shocks will make an apperance in any new levels I do.

Please, share your thoughts. :)
Attachments
Rocketman.lvl
(21.08 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
dedmon

Re: My Rocketry.

Postby TSchultz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:35 pm

That's really cool! Nice level :)
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby peterstock » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 am

That's amazing!

I found a similarly amazing display of rocketry the other day (made by Chris Putnam):

http://www.armadillorun.com/levels/data ... Ballet.lvl
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Postby dedmon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:31 am

Thankyou for the compliments. :) I worked very hard on this one, and I must admit I'm rather proud of it. :)

I think this rocketship is unique, as I haven't seen any rocketry levels where the steering is 100% intentional, as it is in this one. I know someone with more exp can do a LOT better, and I would love to see other people's rocket ships. :)
dedmon

Postby DaniDillo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:05 am

Wow, that was awesome.
I can't imagine how long it took.
Good job!
Dillo! Not Dildo....
DaniDillo

Return to General