Limiting Simulation Speed

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Limiting Simulation Speed

Postby twelveways » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 am

After rebuilding and upgrading my pc I get a message when I load up AR saying : "Limiting Simulation Speed No hardware accelleration found, please check your graphics drivers" And the simulation began to run really, really slowly.

The first time I saw this message I checked and indeed, I did have outdated drivers. Unfortunately this didnt fix the problem.

I have Radeon x1950 pro gfx card
dual core 4600+ processor
2 gig of ram.

I can run Kane & Lynch, Bioshock and pretty much all new games on full details so why am i having such a problem with this?

I also downloaded the game again and did a fresh installl to see if that helps. No.

Thanks for your time.
twelveways

Re: Limiting Simulation Speed

Postby twelveways » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:39 am

No suggestions?

:(
twelveways

Postby twelveways » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:39 pm

This forum really sucks, especially as it is linked from the Armadillo Run site, a product I paid for and now cant recieve any support for.
twelveways

Postby Cresta » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:21 pm

This is a users developed forum, accesible by everyone, you didn't actually pay for it... :wink:
Unfortunately I don't know how to help you, but you can email PeterT, the developer of AR, maybe he can help you with technical problems:

peter@metaclassofnil.com
Cresta
Armadeus

Postby twelveways » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 pm

I never said I paid for the forum, I paid for the game and this site is endorsed by the game.
Nevermind.
Thanks for the addy.
twelveways

Postby CN Player » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 am

It has told you "Limiting Simulation Speed No hardware accelleration found, please check your graphics drivers",so install the latest AMD graphics driver,dont use the default microsoft driver.
CN Player
Light Master

Postby twelveways » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

I have done, I think I said that in the first post.
twelveways

Postby CN Player » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 am

twelveways wrote:I have done, I think I said that in the first post.

you're running it in Vista or XP?some vista display drivers dont have opengl. You should make sure the opengl accelleration has been opened.
CN Player
Light Master

Postby peterstock » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:33 am

It sounds like your graphics card driver doesn't include support for OpenGL acceleration.

I think it's likely that ATI would offer a driver with OpenGL acceleration, could you check their web site for the most recently released version?

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

There's a driver dated 16/1/2008, which should contain OpenGL support, whether you're running XP (or older) or Vista. You should only require the 'Display Driver' download rather than the 'Catalyst Software Suite' one (which just contains some optional extras in addition to the display driver, but which should also work fine, if you want the extras).

If this doesn't fix the problem then let me know and I'll ensure it does get fixed. Apologies for not replying sooner, but I don't check the forum very often - if you want to contact me regarding support, then it's best to email me via the 'Contact' link on the main Armadillo Run web page.
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Postby twelveways » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:58 am

Thanks for your reply.
I have downloaded the drivers but it makes no difference. I guess this is not a common occurence so I guess it must be my machine. Weird how it has no problem with anything else though...

Thanks anyway
twelveways

Postby peterstock » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Yes - this is unusual and I'd like to find out what's going on so I can fix it for you (and for anyone else who may have this problem in the future). Can you send me an email (the 'contact' link on the http://www.armadillorun.com/ web page) so I can send you a program to display some information to help diagnose the problem?

This obviously prevents the game from being played, so I'd like to either fix it or send you a refund if I am unable to do so.

P.S. I should mention that I'm the developer, not PeterT as stated in an earlier post - please don't email him about this.
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Postby twelveways » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:39 am

Hi there.
I have sent you an email.

:)
twelveways

Postby peterstock » Sat May 30, 2009 11:29 am

Can you try installing the most recently released display drivers for your graphics card? There is some information about how to do this here:

http://www.armadillorun.com/documents/f ... layDrivers

I've looked into a couple of problems from people with VIA/S3 on-board graphics chips. It seems that the drivers for these chips do not support OpenGL. A workaround is to install the GLDirect program to translate the OpenGL calls to DirectX calls.
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Postby susanspy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:24 pm

hello all,

i am new to this post, i have the same problem Limiting Simulation Speed, so please let me know.

thanks alot

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
susanspy

Return to General