Mine proposal

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Do u think such a topic will be useful?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 10

Mine proposal

Postby FF » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:52 pm

U know, guys, I have an idea. Maybe we have to give some official names to some macro nodes. I'll try to explain. We all know such macro nodes as:
-Force paddle
-Dumb rocket
-Metal bar pulley
-Hovering machine
etc.

But some macro nodes have not names. Maybe we have to call them? For example that 48$ rotating thing(3 metal bars + rope + cloth), or several sticked metals (Jackhammer pad, but I'm not really shure it is generally accepted name of it) etc.

Maybe someone(for example me?) shall create a topic having a pack of pictures of macro nodes + names of tham?

If someone make this - it will be really easy to explain your solution to other guys and make it easy to understand u. It will be something like "jackhammer launch pad + accepting force-on-stick + metal-cloth swing + metal bar pulley at the down + force catcher type 3" :D

The other reason to make scuh a work is to make new guys easy to learn AR secrets, without seeking them thrue the whole forum.

What do u thnik guys? Maybe something like that already exists?
FF
Light Master

Postby McGinge » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Love it; also what the hell is that the tensioned cloth round the dillo making it spin called??
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby FF » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 pm

McGinge wrote:Love it; also what the hell is that the tensioned cloth round the dillo making it spin called??

yes yes yes! This is what I'm speaking about! We dont know how to call some effects/macro nodes, so it's sometimes hard to explain what actually do u mean.
FF
Light Master

Re: Mine proposal

Postby TSchultz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 pm

FF wrote:U know, guys, I have an idea. Maybe we have to give some official names to some macro nodes. I'll try to explain. We all know such macro nodes as:
-Force paddle
-Dumb rocket
-Metal bar pulley
-Hovering machine
etc.

But some macro nodes have not names. Maybe we have to call them? For example that 48$ rotating thing(3 metal bars + rope + cloth), or several sticked metals (Jackhammer pad, but I'm not really shure it is generally accepted name of it) etc.

Maybe someone(for example me?) shall create a topic having a pack of pictures of macro nodes + names of tham?

If someone make this - it will be really easy to explain your solution to other guys and make it easy to understand u. It will be something like "jackhammer launch pad + accepting force-on-stick + metal-cloth swing + metal bar pulley at the down + force catcher type 3" :D

The other reason to make scuh a work is to make new guys easy to learn AR secrets, without seeking them thrue the whole forum.

What do u thnik guys? Maybe something like that already exists?

For me, figuring that stuff out was REALLY fun! So I think this would help, but it would make it less fun. When I thought of making a pulley for one of the void level, it was extremely exiting.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:24 am

Yeah it's great learning a new thing but I think losing by a lot of money sucks more.

Anyway:

"Spin Bug" <- Yeah I like that.
"Metal Paddle"
"Cloth Paddle"
"Cloth catcher"
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:31 am

FF wrote:
McGinge wrote:Love it; also what the hell is that the tensioned cloth round the dillo making it spin called??

yes yes yes! This is what I'm speaking about! We dont know how to call some effects/macro nodes, so it's sometimes hard to explain what actually do u mean.

I had that same question myself. In a post on level creation I think (Drago will know what I mean, as he saw the thread) where I asked about controlling the direction of spin. I decided to call it the Sonic Armadillo bug, which is a pretty cool name IMO.

Oh yea, btw, you know the force jackhammer thing? I can't seem to replicate it, I tried the same configuration with the standing metal sheet and the closely spaced falling horizontial sheets and they just do nothing except hit and fall over.
Last edited by smjjames on Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
smjjames

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:32 am

Uh... "Sonic Dillo"
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TSchultz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:33 am

Metroid Prime bug...
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:35 am

TSchultz wrote:Metroid Prime bug...

Since I haven't played Metroid but have heard of it, that reference is a bit vague.

and yea Sonic Dillo would be a bit faster to type.
smjjames

Postby TSchultz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:50 am

Samus bug is even faster...
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:53 am

Spin Bug is faster yet and I kinda like it the best. what else is even remotely like it?
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TSchultz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 am

Yep, that's what it's currently being called (to the best of my knowledge), and it's what I like the most.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:08 am

well if the consenus is on Spin Bug, then ok

Anyways, I was asking earlier about that jackhammer force bug, I've tried to reproduce it and can't seem to. Unless it requires extremely precise placement.

The paddles come in so many variations that it would just be easier to say metal paddle, or rubber paddle for example.

I don't see how a 'macro node' could be called a dumb rocket because the rockets are already unguided missiles and it's thier normal behavior unless you hook them up to something, but when that something breaks, they become unguided missiles again.
smjjames

Postby TSchultz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 pm

I believe that "Dumb Rocket" is referring to unw's trademark of doing like 50 things with one rocket for half the cost. (I'm exaggerating).
Also, for the jackhammer force, you need topy paste like a hell of a lot of metal plates in the exact same place, then have a metal plate fal ontop of them.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:35 pm

FF shot :armadillo: really far with only... 3 I think? it was in the last "A".
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Next

Return to General