slight force wierdness with extra level 2, or just physics?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

slight force wierdness with extra level 2, or just physics?

Postby smjjames » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm

ok, the thing is that I used a piece of cloth to act as a net (using the two anchors above the wheel), however I found that it didn't quite make it and hit the other ecge of the hole as I put a net in to keep the guy from falling out. So, I put on a piece of cloth on the bottom anchor to block the armadillo. What I noticed was that even though the armadillo didn't touch the second piece of cloth, it did seem to slow it down a little and even the position of the wheel along its rotation seemed to change (probably due to a tiny delat in timing). HOWEVER, when I looked at the forces, the forces did not spread to the second piece and with the cloth the 'dillo did make it in, but without that cloth it did not.

I know I sound complicated lol, just not sure how to describe this. Anyways, is this some kind of force wierdness or is it just a subtle bit of dampening from the second cloth because I didn't notice any changes while looking at the force amount.

I'm just curious here since I've heard all over about this force stuff and I'm not sure whether it happened to me or not in this case.

oh yea, this may actually go in the 'built in levels' forum, I thought this could go in general.
smjjames

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm

If you could attach your sample level showing what you put that would be great:D!
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby smjjames » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm

ok, here we go.

This should be it, it's the one out of my profile folder.

EDIT: oops, wait, I don't think I saved it correctly since it saved whatever I was doing to it last. Give me a minute to resave it.

ok, fixed it.
Attachments
Extra 2 - Little wheel.easyextra2.lvl
extra 2
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
smjjames

Postby smjjames » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm

sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to know what was going on in that level, whether its just a dampening effect that wasn't visible in force view or it is some strange manefestation of the force.

Anyways, I'm sure the veterans and experts may have seen this before.
smjjames

Postby McGinge » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:39 pm

this is a common thing in AR; objects placed on the same anchor that seemingly have no relevance actually do make a difference. I'm not sure why it happens, but it does!!! But no its not force, the force is down to clipping errors etc...
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby smjjames » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:49 pm

although in my mind it was suppoused to have relevance and act as a dampening force. Was still pretty dang easy for a bonus level.
smjjames

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:59 am

Theres and example of it in Ioncorpse's C level. I can't think of the name or number of it but it uses a ton of metal bars that share the same anchor point as a metal sheet to allow dillo to actually bounce on double anchored sheets!

No metal bars on it produces no bounce, like dropping a book on a tile floor.

wouldn't it be neat if you could make the book bounce if you attached a bunch of something to that tile?!! lol :P
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to General