So, I read the "Creativity Medal" threads...

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 pm

i will cry if evil owns the world :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT keep it for yourself
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:05 pm

I said be serious.... You dont have one good reason do you... One impact it would have.... Go on...
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:07 pm

ok...i yust do not like it... but still I think that WE do not need it...
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:08 pm

but if you dont like it its not gonna do anything bad to you... So its fine!
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09 pm

no... i will need to write a few more letters in results and i will need to make a decision... because of this STUPID creativity...
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Ok, clan won't do anything bad for you, Mr. Howels. And I'm not interested in that you don't like it. The same logic.
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:43 pm

NickyNick wrote:Ok, clan won't do anything bad for you, Mr. Howels. And I'm not interested in that you don't like it. The same logic.

I've NO idea what you just said... Can you please rephrase it?

Edit: I'm slightly freaked out by the fact that you just used my real surname... :shock: :D

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:55 pm

I just tried to point on your logical mistakes. You said: "Creativity Medals won't do anything bad for you. So it's great idea, let's do it!".
Now, I'm saying: "JoIN clan won't do anything bad for you. So it's great idea, we'll form it!". Do you want this? I don't want to crash the forum with powerful clan force, but it will be fun for Jon, Ike and me to work in team.
Think about people who don't want Creativity Medals. These subjective awards won't be good, so they annoy people. Think about it!
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 pm

NickyNick wrote:I just tried to point on your logical mistakes. You said: "Creativity Medals won't do anything bad for you. So it's great idea, let's do it!".
Now, I'm saying: "JoIN clan won't do anything bad for you. So it's great idea, we'll form it!". Do you want this? I don't want to crash the forum with powerful clan force, but it will be fun for Jon, Ike and me to work in team.
Think about people who don't want Creativity Medals. These subjective awards won't be good, so they annoy people. Think about it!

Im not saying that everyone should just take up something thats not bad... The majority of people like it, and it wont hurt those who dont. Sorted.

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:14 am

McGinge wrote: Im not saying that everyone should just take up something thats not bad... The majority of people like it, and it wont hurt those who dont. Sorted.

Well, the moderators might not be for it, but the main person (who could that be?) EDIT: seems like he likes it. and what he says, goes. If he says no, I'll abandon the fight for the medal. I have other things I can do, but I like this idea and have been very entertained by all this debate.
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TSchultz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 am

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, the moderators might not be for it, but the main person (who could that be?) likes it.

Actually, technically he just said
PeterT wrote:So, I read the "Creativity Medal" threads... and I really like these medal designs by Overlord.

meaning that he like the designs, then commented on how it would be able to be implemented never saying that he likes it... (He may have implied it, but never actually said "I like this idea.") He might like it, but until he says that, you can't use that argument...
Also, the (active) mods spent a lot more time on these forums, and probably know what's best for the community more than PeterT. (I'm new, so I don't know if that's accurate, but it seems like it is to me) So, even though PeterT is higher up, maybe he should listen to what the mods think.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:49 am

TSchultz wrote:
JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, the moderators might not be for it, but the main person (who could that be?) likes it.

Actually, technically he just said
PeterT wrote:So, I read the "Creativity Medal" threads... and I really like these medal designs by Overlord.

meaning ... never saying that he likes it... (He may have implied it ... but until he says that, you can't use that argument...

Good point. I fixed that.

TSchultz wrote:maybe he should listen to what the mods think.

Maybe. :D

PeterT wrote: to add creativity prefixes would triple or quadruple the amount of ranks required (one rank for every prefix and main title combination). This is exceedingly inelegant and not quite scalable.

I am quite inexperienced with coding but have learned enough to wonder:

Why can't you have something like:

PseudoCode:
Code: Select all
Loop
{
Text = Next line in tally
If(text contains "certain name here"
{
ThatPerson's medal count + 1
}
If(text = "end")
{
Break
}
}

Loop
{
Text = Next line in >>>creativity<<< tally
If(text contains "certain name here"
{
ThatPerson's >>>creativity<<< count + 1
}
If(text = "end")
{
Break
}
}

Now that you have variables Thatpersonsmedalcount and Thatpersonscreativitycount you can just do:

More PseudoCode:

Code: Select all
TitleText=Prefix[thatpersonscreativitycount]." ".rank[thatpersonsmedalcount]

Where there is simply a list of prefixes and ranks and 2 are stuck together.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby NickyNick » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 am

McGinge wrote:The majority of people like it, and it wont hurt those who dont. Sorted.

Ha ha ha, "majority". Tell me, who likes Creativity Medal idea and wants to pass it.
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:42 am

"Majority"
Attachments
There you go, Nick.PNG
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby NickyNick » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 am

I ask about list of users who like Creativity Medal idea, not about this. Do me a favour, please :)
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

PreviousNext

Return to General