So, I read the "Creativity Medal" threads...

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

So, I read the "Creativity Medal" threads...

Postby PeterT » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 pm

and I really like these medal designs by Overlord.

However, the current proposition (to have an alternative prefix set of titles) is slightly problematic in terms of implementation. Currently, the titles/medals are implemented on top of the standard phpBB rank system. So, to add creativity prefixes would triple or quadruple the amount of ranks required (one rank for every prefix and main title combination). This is exceedingly inelegant and not quite scalable.

It would be much preferable to add support to the medals directly to the board software and database. This would also allow showing the medals in the user profiles or listing users by medals, etc. However, since I want to switch this whole forum to phpBB3 once the final version is released (which should be soon) that whole work would have to be repeated.

If there is a big demand for creativity medals we could start to hand them out now and count them in the medal tally thread, but not yet implement the corresponding rank -- that would be activated retroactively once it's implemented in the forum.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ikerous » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 pm

T_T
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:57 pm

So peter are you saying you like the idea of them and are willing to implement them??
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby FF » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm

Can anyone formulate what is the criteria of giving a creativity medal to someone?!
For example:
-If it is the new way to solve levels (for the 1st force paddle, for the 1st havy metal pad, for the 1st ghost effect solution, for the thirst metal bar pulley, ect)?
-If guy is compleating the level with really strange/not evident way.

-or some other rules

I just wanna to say that "oh that guy is using so many rockets!" or even "this solution is really cool to watch!!" is NOT the criteria. If u want to avoid disorder - FORMULATE THE RULES OF GIVING :idea: MEDAL!

// Of course it is just my opinion.
FF
Light Master

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:29 pm

FF wrote:Can anyone formulate what is the criteria of giving a creativity medal to someone?!
For example:
-If it is the new way to solve levels (for the 1st force paddle, for the 1st havy metal pad, for the 1st ghost effect solution, for the thirst metal bar pulley, ect)?
-If guy is compleating the level with really strange/not evident way.

-or some other rules

I just wanna to say that "oh that guy is using so many rockets!" or even "this solution is really cool to watch!!" is NOT the criteria. If u want to avoid disorder - FORMULATE THE RULES OF GIVING :idea: MEDAL!

// Of course it is just my opinion.

You are correct; the novel methods in IMO would get medals; for example the first force paddle probs would have got 1. But yeah a solution that justs sticks 10 rockets next to the dillo and manages to complete it wouldnt get one. (meanin Unw would have to develop slightly :D)
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 pm

STOP THIS! The opposition to Creativity Medal is bigger then those guys who want to pass it. All moderators are against it.
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:48 pm

NickyNick wrote:STOP THIS! The opposition to Creativity Medal is bigger then those guys who want to pass it. All moderators are against it.
they cant stop...
IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT keep it for yourself
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:49 pm

If they want the real war - they'll have the war. I promise.
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 pm

NickyNick wrote:If they want the real war - they'll have the war. I promise.
to the machine guns guys!!! lol :D
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 pm

wow nick... calm down... i hate to use the cliche but its only a game... besides what harm does it do?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:56 pm

McGinge wrote:wow nick... calm down... i hate to use the cliche but its only a game... besides what harm does it do?

Ok, it does no harm. We'll just do a clan and sweep everybody away :)
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm

no but seriously; if you dont like it its not gonna ruin ur lives!!! just ignore it! it will have no impact on u WHATSOEVER

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tomo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 pm

McGinge wrote:just ignore it! it will have no impact on u WHATSOEVER
IT WILL HAVE THE IMPACT ON US THATS WHY WE ARE FIGHTING SO STRONG!!! *shows of his weapons* <-> <-> <----< <----<
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby NickyNick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 pm

And I'll do, such as all opposition supporters. Of course, it is just game and it won't do anything with me, you or Pope. Everything is just my fidelity to principle.
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:03 pm

I dont mean to be persistent but can you, Nick, or you, tomo, give me one impact it would have on you... And be serious... Give me one impact it would have if you didnt like it...

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Next

Return to General