Creativity Medal Design and Details

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:04 pm

I 3rd that! Those just look so polished!!!
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby jimbojetuk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:35 pm

McGinge wrote:I second that! I think the design is done tbh! :D

Yep. The design is definately the best...the one with the crossed brushes looks bulky and tacky IMO lol.
jimbojetuk

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:52 am

Updated Synopsis:

*Denotes an undiscussed idea (see below)

Image1-4* Medals - Creative
Image5-8* Medals - Artistic
Image9+* Medals - Visionary
ImageMost Creativity Medals - Master of Creativity*

ImageCreativity medal icon*

ImageStill usable - Gold Lightbulb!*
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Guidelines:
:idea: No host is obligated to give out a creativity medal
:idea: Max of 1 creativity medal per contest
:idea: A new medal tally will be used for creativity medals. Forum moderators will maintain and update it, just like the current medal tally.*
:idea: Creativity medals and Light/Dark medals are seperate. Creativity medals will affect a prefix that goes in front of the rank.
:idea: Design Contest medals will count as 2 creativity medals*

New Ideas:

:arrow: I think creativity medals will be a bit easier to get, so I think more medals are required for a promotion.

:arrow: We can have a "Master of Creativity" just like the titles "Master of Light/Dark"

:arrow: This could be the emotican that will stand for a creativity medal (possibly used on a results page)

:arrow: The current medal tally is maintained by mods, why not this one?

:arrow: The design contest is all about creativity, so they should count towards creativity rank. Also, winning one is a bigger deal than winning a creativity medal, so a design medal should be worth more. I was also thinking the Design contest tally should be moved to the creativity medal tally once it's created.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby tomo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:59 am

but what will you guys make if someone has 5 dark medals 5 light medals and 5 design medals? i bet noone of you was thinking of that. but why do you you need medals for 1-5? we have contest winner and contest veteran for that. you should only have creativity champion medal...
IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT keep it for yourself
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Overlord » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Creativity medals are separate from the contest winning medals.

So, if you get 1 contest medal and 1 creativity medal, you become a "Creative Contest Winner"

If you increase your creativity medal count to 5, you become an "Artistic Contest Winner"

(I hope I understood it correctly too)
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby tomo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:18 pm

yeah but there's no need to be... :roll: :roll:
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Overlord, you understand it perfectly!

tomo wrote:yeah but there's no need to be... :roll: :roll:
Um, I don't get what that means. :? no need to be what?

But, tomo, you don't have to participate in giving out creativity medal if you don't want to. It being optional is something that wont change. Also, If someone gets 1 light medal and 1,000 creativity medals, they would be creativity master but their title would show that they are only a contest winner. So if you become a veteran, anyone can easily tell you've won more contests (the normal way) than that person, but have also won less creativity medals.

The separation makes sure nobody's titles here will become meaningless. :D
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Updated Synopsis:

*Denotes an undiscussed idea (see below)

Image1-4* Medals - Creative
Image5-8* Medals - Artistic
Image9+* Medals - Visionary
ImageMost Creativity Medals - Master of Creativity*

ImageCreativity medal icon*

ImageStill usable - Gold Lightbulb!*

Guidelines:
:idea: No host is obligated to give out a creativity medal
:idea: Max of 1 creativity medal per contest
:idea: A new medal tally will be used for creativity medals. Forum moderators will maintain and update it, just like the current medal tally.*
:idea: Creativity medals and Light/Dark medals are seperate. Creativity medals will affect a prefix that goes in front of the rank.
:idea: Design Contest medals will count as 2 creativity medals*

New Ideas:

:arrow: I think creativity medals will be a bit easier to get, so I think more medals are required for a promotion.

:arrow: We can have a "Master of Creativity" just like the titles "Master of Light/Dark"

:arrow: This could be the emotican that will stand for a creativity medal (possibly used on a results page)

:arrow: The current medal tally is maintained by mods, why not this one?

:arrow: The design contest is all about creativity, so they should count towards creativity rank. Also, winning one is a bigger deal than winning a creativity medal, so a design medal should be worth more. I was also thinking the Design contest tally should be moved to the creativity medal tally once it's created.

Dude, love it!

I love the scoring system, we should DEFINITELY keep that! :D

Methinks we should use that lightbulb next to a light medal icon to display on results page, rather than the master of creativity icon.... :)

Also, your basic guidelines are fantastic, except that design contests I think are different to the ideas that the creativity medals are trying to support.
Design Contests=Being able to make something that looks cool or fulfils a purpose
Creativity Medals=Being able to solve a level creatively. I'll see what other people think...

In reference to your knew ideas:

1) I think your current system is fine, and also feel that they actually might be quite hard to get a lot of, as its not always possible to solve levels very creatively...

2)Totally agree! :D

3) Nah, I think we use your first "lightbulb and light medal" idea... Again, we'll see what others feel

4) Again, I agree, but we need to make someone who is leading this a moderator dont we?? :roll: :D :wink:

5) I've addressed that above

Once all this is decided, I can copy the rules, medal ideas etc. to an email and mail PeterT for his take on it!! :P
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:20 pm

McGinge wrote:
Dude, love it!

I love the scoring system, we should DEFINITELY keep that! :D

Methinks we should use that lightbulb next to a light medal icon to display on results page, rather than the master of creativity icon.... :)

Also, your basic guidelines are fantastic, except that design contests I think are different to the ideas that the creativity medals are trying to support.
Design Contests=Being able to make something that looks cool or fulfils a purpose
Creativity Medals=Being able to solve a level creatively. I'll see what other people think...

In reference to your knew ideas:

1) I think your current system is fine, and also feel that they actually might be quite hard to get a lot of, as its not always possible to solve levels very creatively...

2)Totally agree! :D

3) Nah, I think we use your first "lightbulb and light medal" idea... Again, we'll see what others feel

4) Again, I agree, but we need to make someone who is leading this a moderator dont we?? :roll: :D :wink:

5) I've addressed that above

Once all this is decided, I can copy the rules, medal ideas etc. to an email and mail PeterT for his take on it!! :P

If "scoring system" means artistic, creative, visionary, that were gamma's labels and I agree they rock.

If other people agree, McGinge sure could be a mod!
As long as he doesn't put his name all over the medal tally
:D

as for the # of medals for a promotion, it was just a thought. I'd like to hear what others think.

Well, I still think the design contest is way more creativity-oriented than about what light/dark medals represent. D-Medals can't in my opinion count like light/dark medals. So, what, are we going to make another tally just for d-contest? I dont think so!

Um, okay! I like the idea of using the lightbulb "medal" as an emotican.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:
If "scoring system" means artistic, creative, visionary, that were gamma's labels and I agree they rock.

If other people agree, McGinge sure could be a mod!
As long as he doesn't put his name all over the medal tally
:D

Well, I still think the design contest is way more creativity-oriented than about what light/dark medals represent. D-Medals can't in my opinion count like light/dark medals. So, what, are we going to make another tally just for d-contest? I dont think so!

Um, okay! I like the idea of using the lightbulb "medal" as an emotican.

Hmm... I see your point on that score about the design contests, hadnt really thought of that... And although I dont think design contests are like creativity medals, I feel that creating ANOTHER type of medal would be too much, and that using light/dark medals denies them full appreciation... i'm confused lol :? :lol:
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Well, to get a creativity medal, you have to be creative: design a creative solution.

To get a design contest medal, you have to be creative: design something creative.

In a design contest, the only differences are:

:arrow: People are trying to be creative, so winning is a bigger deal than getting a creativity medal

:arrow: There isn't a level that you have to work around.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:38 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, to get a creativity medal, you have to be creative: design a creative solution.

To get a design contest medal, you have to be creative: design something creative.

In a design contest, the only differences are:

:arrow: People are trying to be creative, so winning is a bigger deal than getting a creativity medal

:arrow: There isn't a level that you have to work around.

Ok, but maybe just give them one creativity medal rather than 2; they've already won the contest and had people say their idea was the best!!

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:42 pm

McGinge wrote:Ok, but maybe just give them one creativity medal rather than 2; they've already won the contest and had people say their idea was the best!!

But you have to work a lot harder to win a design contest! I would almost want to win 2 creativity medals than 1 design medal because of the amount of work involved in making a design contest entry (that has a good chance of winning).
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby McGinge » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:44 pm

But you have to think about what I suggested the creativity medal in the first place for... I suggested it so that when solving your average N, A, B and possibly C contests, you arent constantly trying to tweak $2 out of a force paddle or bar pulley and are instead coming up with ideas that either use creative methods or creatively use parts of the level that other people have neglected. Design contests are a different concept altogether...

McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby tomo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:. Also, If someone gets 1 light medal and 1,000 creativity medals, they would be creativity master but their title would show that they are only a contest winner.
yay! i am glad that it would be unoffical
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General