News From Peter Stock!!

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

News From Peter Stock!!

Postby McGinge » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Shown below is an email I got from Peter Stock regarding various things;

Hi Sam, Well if you've done a bit of programming then a simple game (and AR isactually pretty simple) isn't too difficult! I liked the way you makesomething interesting happen as a failure condition of the level (e.g.direct the armadillo into a 'fail' catcher) rather than just have it falloff the screen - it makes your levels more interesting to watch before youbuild anything. I'm working on an update - it's a bit of a major one, but mostly to dowith fixing bugs and getting Mac and Linux versions. My shortsighted codeneeds to be changed in many places - doh! :(

I've thought about the fast-forward/rewind, but it would be a pain to doing FF. Rewind isn't technically so bad, but the only way of doing FF is to dothe calculations. Given that some big levels struggle to run in real time,they wouldn't be able to be fast forwarded. It might be feasible withsmaller levels, though. A more 'doable' thing would be 'run as fast aspossible' and 'skip to already calculated time'. So kind of like FF/RW butnot quite.

I'll put it on my to-do list but it'll not be at the top given the time itwould take to do - sorry :( Peter
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Overlord » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:14 am

Thanks, McGinge, you brought us some great news! I really think there's no need for a version with more materials/improved physics/removed bugs like dark forces. I like AR the way it is and I hope it'll stay like this. The only improvements that should be done are for flexibility and comfort, like adding edit boxes to enter a node's x and y positions, adding ability to copy anchor points in level editing mode, etc...
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to General