New Medal Proposition

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Should a "Creativity Medal" be awarded in Contests??

No!!
14%
Yes, for every contest.
34%
Yes, but only for those solutions which are VERY creative.
52%

Total votes : 29

Postby scimaster » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:41 pm

how's my new sig?
Code: Select all
ww@localhost:echo $name

"\  /\  /  /\   |--  |--  |=   |\  |"
" \/  \/  /- \  |    |    |--  |  \|"

Done

ww@localhost:

http://www.freewebs.com/scimaster
scimaster

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:07 am

WKD!! (just to let you know its McGinge not Mr Ginge, but i dont mind you calling me Mr Ginge lol)
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby scimaster » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:13 am

do you want me to change it? Or do you like it as it is?

EDIT: changed it to look better

Done

ww@localhost:

scimaster

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:21 am

If you're opposed to the medals being added to the medal tally, is it because you think they'll count just like light and dark medals?

Because that's not what I said... (Creativity doesn't win ABCN contests anymore [unless you're unw, who can control rockets with his thoughts.])

I say keep the medals seperate, and I always have. We could make a prefix that says "creative" or something. So, Ike, who I know is diligently reading this bold font, could be a "Creative Armadillo Lord"

124 posts, holy sh*t!

NO, IF YOU ARE A CREATIVE PERSON, YOU AREN'T A BADASS MONEY SAVER
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby scimaster » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:26 am

Oops! sorry drago, i forgot to include your idea for prefixes!

EDIT: is that better, drago?

Done

ww@localhost:

scimaster

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:30 am

Yes, but I'd rather you to put something about the seperation of the medals, too/instead.

Mainly too, though, thanks. :)
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby scimaster » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:32 am

I've had trouble keeping up with this topic, does seperation mean i still get a medal under my name, but it won't count for anything? How does that work??/?//

Done

ww@localhost:

scimaster

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:37 am

If you suck at squeezing $2 bucks of rope out of your solution you still won't be armadillo lord.

You can be "Creative Member" Creative contest winner" "Artistic member/contest winner" or even "Ultimate creative member" because you are creative but not a tweaker/money saver person. You will have a prefix, but a crappy title.

Unw is both!! His solutions make your jaw drop and keep the wallet full at the same time. He's our "Ultimate Creative Armadillo Legend".

If that title doesn't make you sound like even more of a badass, I am sorry, I can't work miracles.
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby scimaster » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:40 am

I like that! chainging sig now! AGAIN

Done

ww@localhost:

scimaster

Postby Ikerous » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:41 am

JustcallmeDrago wrote:If you're opposed to the medals being added to the medal tally, is it because you think they'll count just like light and dark medals?

Because that's not what I said... (Creativity doesn't win ABCN contests anymore [unless you're unw, who can control rockets with his thoughts.])

I say keep the medals seperate, and I always have. We could make a prefix that says "creative" or something. So, Ike, who I know is diligently reading this bold font, could be a "Creative Armadillo Lord"

124 posts, holy sh*t!

NO, IF YOU ARE A CREATIVE PERSON, YOU AREN'T A BADASS MONEY SAVER

Okay... so make a thread that you can update weekly that lists the league, competition number, and who won what creative medal (Just like what we have for light and dark medals). Include a list of who has how many medals and what ranking they have. Unfortunately making a script that would update user titles and do all that would be a real pain in the ass, so good luck getting Peter to do it. But if you want to see this go anywhere make a thread for recording competition results and number of medals. Then create avatars that people can use when they've reached a certain rank. You could make a whole working system for this (And I think it'd actually be quite cool) but it's never going to happen unless someone takes the initiative. Relying on peter or anyone else to do anything could bring your whole idea to a hault. Plus if the whole system is set up and running it'll make it far more likely to be turned into a working script

Basically.. what are you waiting for? (Even if you don't have all the ranks or medals designed, it's worth getting the ball rolling)
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:55 am

Ikerous wrote:Okay... so make a thread that you can update weekly that lists the competition number, and who won what creative medal. Include a list of who has how many medals and what ranking they have. Unfortunately making a script that would update user titles and do all that would be a real pain in the ass, so good luck getting Peter to do it. But if you want to see this go anywhere make a thread for recording competition results and number of medals. Then create avatars that people can use when they've reached a certain rank. You could make a whole system but it's never going to happen unless someone takes the initiative.

Basically.. what are you waiting for?

So are you saying you aren't against it, you're neutral? but you just aren't going to code it yourself. If yes, Alright!

So you were worried that lots of people would be armadillo lords and contest vets and legends, making the titles worthless? I mean lots and lots and lots.

Give me a good site on ruby(right?)
Give me the existing medal code.

Hey... this isn't that hard!
I dont mean avatars. I don't like that at all, never planned on it. I think that's what we were gonna do ourselves. Were were gonna stick icons on our avatars because they are the closest to the medal Icon and title.

No doing this should be easy:

Have 2 uh... qualifiers. We have one currently. It can be blank, contest winner, contest vet, dillo lord, master of light, & master of dark.

the other would be the creativity rank. it can be blank, creative, artistic, stylish (just throwing words out there).

Well we can just stick 2 of those together and bingo we have a title with a prefix!

Easy mixing and matching.

It would be about the same for medals. Just put the respective creativity and contest medals side by side.

Simple Explanation: [EDIT: Made simpler]
Right now there is only contest rank in your title. so your title is "X" and your contest rank is "X".
If there's a creativity rank, it can be "Y"
So now you're title will be "X Y". The two ranks will be stuck together.
Lets say:
Your contest rank can be 1 - 5
If we have them, your prefix can be A - F.
To make a title, just take whatever letter and number you are and stick them together. So you can be:

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5

Right now you can be:

A
B
C
D
E
F

I'm not saying that our titles right now are bland, I'm just showing how the title will change and be many combinations. :P

Same with the Medals.
Last edited by JustcallmeDrago on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 am

I was just opposed to making it official or trying to integrate it into the current medal system. I'm in favor of any member based movement that can get itself organized and has enough support to keep it rolling. (Hell, I wish there were more of em)
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:12 am

Ikerous wrote:I was just opposed to making it official

Okay...

Ikerous wrote:[opposed to] trying to integrate it into the current medal system.
I can understand that as long as by "current medal system" you mean making them count the exact same as light/dark medals

Because, yeah I totally think All you current medal winners/vets/lords/masters kick ass [sorry for all the cussing everyone] at Armadillo Run. I would never want your titles to become meaningless or ho-hum, especially because of some medal that is easy to get and happens to count for the same thing. You guys worked hard for those titles.

Sorry for not making that clear before. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I must've sounded like a jerk. :(
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:22 am

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Sorry for not making that clear before. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I must've sounded like a jerk. :(

No way, I didn't even read most of the thread and if I had I wouldn't have taken any of it that seriously (Hence the mocking of the signature thing XD). I think you've got a good idea and I hope you can get it organized and up and running

The great thing about user-based movements is it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. It either takes off or it flops. But it all comes down to getting it started
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:26 am

[quote="Ikerous"No way, I didn't even read most of the thread[/quote]

:shock:

Alright, then that post is mainly to your "supporters"

You surprise me Ike... :D :?
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General